Genres has changed back to pop after server restart.

Genres has changed back to pop after server restart, no way of us re active the proper genre , Soul, Funk, Boogie, Jazz, Reggae, Latin & Amapiano.
Soul Rhythms Radio UK.

Last edited:
Thank you very much.
But I intended to change my bit range a few times, depending on traffic, which means I would have to restart the server resulting in the genres resetting to the "default" " pop" genre again!.
I read that there is a server script that can be edited, but you would have to send me instructions to do this.
It would be ideal that didn't happen it is so disruptive to the station and listeners.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ok, I understand and I can fully appreciate that this is not ideal. I've just given you the permission to edit your server's raw config file.

To edit the genres open up the 'liquidsoap' config file and on line 20 you'll see the genre settings. Edit this accordingly and then save the file. You'll then need to fully stop and start your server again for the new config settings to take full effect.

Alternatively you could register an authhash for your stream with shoutcast.com and this would keep your genres in a fixed state regardless of whether you restart the server or not. https://www.internet-radio.com/comm...he-“authhash”-for-shoutcast-v2-servers.21409/

If you have any issues with doing this then please drop us an email.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No problem at all. Let us know if you need any help with it.

It might be a good idea for you to first copy the liquid soap config files code to a text file as a backup just in case you ever need to restore it.

TGrooves

Now listeners can find the station, they are using up monthly bandwidth!. So I want to lower my bitrate in order to exceed my monthly allowance., but I cant find the config, much less edit the config file from the icecast server page!, to edit the genres
I know you example of how to configure the 'Shoutcast v2' “Authhash” settings for Shoutcast servers v2.6 and above, I have no idea how to set that up, but that looks like a permanent solution to my genre/server restart problems.

But for now I would be happy just being able to edit the config file, can it be edited in notepad?.
The Bandwidth clock is tickin, help!!!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi TGrooves,

You can lower your bitrate under your 'Mount Points' AutoDJ settings. Make sure that once you change this setting that you fully stop and restart the server in order for the new bitrate to take full effect.

You don't need to edit the raw config file in notepad. Under your accounts 'Configuration' > 'Settings' section in the bottom right you will see the 'Raw Configuration' button. Then under that section you'll see a list to select either the 'Icecast' or 'liquidsoap' config files.

To edit the genres open up the 'liquidsoap' config file and on line 20 you'll see the genre settings. Edit this accordingly and then save the file. You'll then need to fully stop and start your server again for the new config settings to take full effect.

raw-config.png