Have we made the best decision as to our streamer and playout system?

Hi.

We're starting the first English station in Mauritius. We intend going terrestrial within a couple of months, and want to start streaming by 10/10/2010. Our streamer is Broadwave and our playout system (for now) is Station Playlist. My question is: have we made the best decision or are there better options out there? Please advise. Cheers, Island FM.

Xast

No idea

I basically have no idea what your asking. Could you please simplfy what your asking.

Last edited:

HoddzDJ

To be quite honest, if you are a commercial station, then nothing beats Spacial Audio Manager Broadcaster (or SAM Broadcaster) for a music playout system. It's very versatile, and I have been in many local radio stations and that is what they use. But, it is very expensive to buy. If you are planning on having a manned station all year round, then why not just use iTunes to hold all of your music (as you can search) and then stream with a plugin?

Something also to remember is, it doesn't really matter what you use, so long as you know how to use it!! I am used to SAM (or used to be, when I was using it) but now I mix on Pioneer CDJ400s (as I am a club DJ aswell) so I'd never go back to using a PC to mix, it's not the same!!

So... what it all comes down to is what you are used to, and getting the most out of it.