help ! advice needed

Yash

hello there, heres my story, i own a car club and we have our website, i wanted to setup a radio for us, i wanted to by the pay as u go server from internet radio, but i have few questions
, am planning to buy the 5 pounds a month server, it says up to 100 listners and and 10 gb bandwidth, i wanted to know how can he bandwidth affect me? will the 10 gb be enough to run the radio about 6 hours aday for a month??

secondly which url will i be using?

and can i use software as virtual dj to mix music and stream online?

which software will other djs ( my friends) will need to cast from there pc?

thanks yash

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Yash. Thanks for your questions.

hello there, heres my story, i own a car club and we have our website, i wanted to setup a radio for us, i wanted to by the pay as u go server from internet radio, but i have few questions
, am planning to buy the 5 pounds a month server, it says up to 100 listners and and 10 gb bandwidth, i wanted to know how can he bandwidth affect me? will the 10 gb be enough to run the radio about 6 hours aday for a month??

The £5 for 10GB isnt a monthly fee. So if you don't use the 10 GB in one month it carries over to the next month. Not having a monthly (contract) is what we would define as pay as you go.

secondly which url will i be using?

We assign each radio server a unique port when you sign up. All your URLs for your listeners to connect with a variety of players is available in the control panel. (I think this is what you mean.)

and can i use software as virtual dj to mix music and stream online?

Yes Virtual DJ supports shoutcast servers. Theres a guide in their forums here : VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE - The Ultimate Guide to Broadcasting With Virtual Dj:)

which software will other djs ( my friends) will need to cast from there pc?

They can choose an encoder. The simplest one to use (and free) is the winamp shoutcast DSP. We have instructions available here : http://forum.internet-radio.org.uk/guides/14-configuring-shoutcast-dsp.html

Yash

thanks for reply, am wondering how much bandwidth ill need, i dont really know, wat will be the best option for me if i want the radio on for about 6 hours a day for a month? lets say about 20-30 listners all the time?

and will all other djs need the admin username and password?

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Its tough to predict exactly how much bandwidth you will need but you can always top up as and when you need to. We offer discounts on larger bandwidth purchases. We also have a bandwidth calculator on our prices page :

Internet Radio Prices

Your best bet would probably be to start a server with £5 of bandwidth and try it out to see how you do.

There is a separate password for streaming and logging into the control panel so you can keep your admin password yourself and give out the streaming one to your DJ's.