Help! Stuck on how to set up Broadcast for Icecast

I would like to make a broadcast for approx two hours a week, let’s say from 11 to 1pm.
I would like to begin the broadcast with some music that’s run via a automatic playlist maybe random. Then at some point I would like to come in with a live feed, then when the live feed is finished, just resume back to the music playlist.
I have signed up to Ice cast on the pay as you go option, and I am using windows.
I downloaded Edcast and it said I was connected but nothing happened, I was playing music on real player on my desk top thought it might go through but no.
Do I need to buy something else?
Thank you.

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi there. Apologies for the delay in our reply.

Yes this is possible. You could use our 'AutoDJ' feature (Auto DJ) for a scheduled and automatic playlist and then switch to a live stream and vice versa.

This should work with Edcast? Here is a guide we produced on configuring Edcast to stream with ANY program: http://forum.internet-radio.com/guides/1981-configuring-edcast-work-any-program-icecast-servers.html

Even though the guide uses 'Virtual DJ' as an example, the principal would be the same for other software such as Realplayer. :)