Hot AC/Variety Hits Station Looking For Volunteer Live Hosts

countryradiousa

Hey there. I’m currently in the early phases of starting up a new Hot AC/Variety Hits formatted station and am searching for volunteer hosts to fill the following slots:

1.) Morning: Monday-Friday, 6-10 AM EST
2.) Midday: Monday-Friday, 1-4 PM EST
3.) Evening: Monday-Friday, 7-11 PM EST
4.) Overnight: Monday/Tuesday-Friday/Saturday, 11 PM - 3 AM EST
5.) Weekend 1: Saturday & Sunday, 1-5 PM EST
6.) Weekend 2: Saturday & Sunday, 5-9 PM EST

I would prefer live shows, but if you want to do a voicetracked or produced show I’m open to that as well. Not much experience is needed. After all, this is a startup station and we’re relatively new to all of this as well. All you have to have is a mixing board, mic/headphones, and a DJ software (Station Playlist, Mixx, SAM Live, etc.). I’ll set you up with the encoding software so you can connect to our server to broadcast your show. Setup is really easy and only takes a few minutes.

As for the station, we will be a Hot AC/Variety Hits hybrid and will feature a mix of today’s chart-toppers, upcoming artists, and a healthy amount of “Oh Wow” songs from the late 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and 2000’s. I’ll give you the link to our playlist and jingles and if you have any additional music in your library that fits the format, you’re welcome to play that as well. After all, it’s your show, and you’re open to develop your own content, features, and segments as long as it fits the format.

If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. I hope to sign on some new talent to “The Point - Pittsburgh’s Hit Music Radio.”

countryradiousa

Hey, when will the station be starting up?
A beta version of the station is currently streaming at http://listen.samcloud.com/w/115802/The-Point/?play=y#history. The station is on OnlineRadioBox too but that isn’t working right now for some reason. I plan to fully launch the station with hosts on Thursday, April 2, so if you want to host a slot you’d likely start then. (Except the weekend slots, which would start Saturday, April 4.) Let me know if you have any questions...I’d love to have you on board as a host!!

TheSMPShow

What plans do you have to promote and grow the station? Do you have a pre existing audience that will transfer over to the new station?

We're definitely potentially interested but its always preferable if the station is already established in some way or otherwise has a good game plan to gain an audience.

countryradiousa

What plans do you have to promote and grow the station? Do you have a pre existing audience that will transfer over to the new station?

We're definitely potentially interested but its always preferable if the station is already established in some way or otherwise has a good game plan to gain an audience.
We definitely have plans to promote and grow the station. I’m good friends with Ben Beaulieu of TNN Radio and Kevin Williams of KDUB Hit Country, so my station is going to be a sister station of both of their stations and will potentially be promoted through them. Both of them have very avid listener bases that aren’t just into country music, so when they hear about us, they’ll most definitely check us out! Ben also has an alternative/alt-pop station, so there might be some listeners that listen to that that’ll check us out. (But even though there will be some alternative and a little country in our playlist, we’re not trying to compete with any of them at all. Hot AC, Country, and Alternative are three completely different formats.) I’ve already started looking into web advertising and have a strong social media presence from my affiliation with those 2 stations. With their guidance and affiliation, I think the station is going to go big in no time, and what really helps stations to grow IMO is to have good talent live on the air right from the start. I’d love to have you as a part of my talent roster. We’re in this together!

Kalypso Gold

Hi, I have been producing/presenting a two hour live Breakfast Show in UK, which currently plays out to 2 US based stations as well as to 11 UK stations. Music policy is 60's through to current day. Show has been running since 2016. Show time in UK is 7am through until 9am GMT, changing to 7am to 9am BST at the end of March. kalypsogoldradio@gmail.com

countryradiousa

Hi, I have been producing/presenting a two hour live Breakfast Show in UK, which currently plays out to 2 US based stations as well as to 11 UK stations. Music policy is 60's through to current day. Show has been running since 2016. Show time in UK is 7am through until 9am GMT, changing to 7am to 9am BST at the end of March. kalypsogoldradio@gmail.com
Hey Kalypso, I would definitely be interested in airing on my station! Just sent you an email.

Dick Lee

Hey there. I’m currently in the early phases of starting up a new Hot AC/Variety Hits formatted station and am searching for volunteer hosts to fill the following slots:

I would prefer live shows, but if you want to do a voicetracked or produced show I’m open to that as well. Not much experience is needed. After all, this is a startup station and we’re relatively new to all of this as well. All you have to have is a mixing board, mic/headphones, and a DJ software (Station Playlist, Mixx, SAM Live, etc.). I’ll set you up with the encoding software so you can connect to our server to broadcast your show. Setup is really easy and only takes a few minutes.

As for the station, we will be a Hot AC/Variety Hits hybrid and will feature a mix of today’s chart-toppers, upcoming artists, and a healthy amount of “Oh Wow” songs from the late 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and 2000’s. I’ll give you the link to our playlist and jingles and if you have any additional music in your library that fits the format, you’re welcome to play that as well. After all, it’s your show, and you’re open to develop your own content, features, and segments as long as it fits the format.

If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. I hope to sign on some new talent to “The Point - Pittsburgh’s Hit Music Radio.”

Hello: I am working with over 80 stations world wide (FM/AM/Internet). Please contact me in a separate e-mail if you are interested (rleekgb@comcast.net).

Billy Camino

Hey there, congrats on your new Station. My email is wappersson@cox.net. What's your email please? I'll send you Voice Demo, Pic & Bio and Oldies Show overview. Check out my website: www.sharingthecamino.com (Radio Page). I'm on several Stations, and already have a Pittsburgh presence and Listeners. Thanks and best wishes.

countryradiousa

Hey there, congrats on your new Station. My email is wappersson@cox.net. What's your email please? I'll send you Voice Demo, Pic & Bio and Oldies Show overview. Check out my website: www.sharingthecamino.com (Radio Page). I'm on several Stations, and already have a Pittsburgh presence and Listeners. Thanks and best wishes.
Hey Billy, it’s nice to hear from you, especially since you’re from the area. I’d love to hear a demo of the show! Could you send it over to samfmisontheair@gmail.com? Also, would you be interested in hosting a live or voicetracked show for the station separate from your syndicated show?