How could I get back "Oli" Radio from Singapore to my internet radio?

Oli

I have a OXX internet radio bought a year ago. Up until few days back a radio broadcast from Singapore by the name "Oli 96.8FM was accessible over the internet on my internet radio in UK. This has suddenly disappeared and searching on my OXX internet radio would not show it as available. Searching the internet I find the station is still functioning and accessible on a computer. The following is the station: http://www.mediacorpradio.sg/radioliveplayer/asx/oli968/fm968.asx I tried to put in the above URL in my favourites at the following site:www.Wifiradio-frontier.com. This did not help in accessing the station over the WiFi in my Internet radio. Deos any body know as to how could I access this station over my home WiFi in my Internet radio[OXX Vantage Internet Radio equipment]?I will appreciate your assistance

General Lighting

Super Moderator
Staff member
what type of internet radio are you using? perhaps it has a mini browser as well which will let you enter the stream directly? that said I think it is a windows media player stream, which normally allows more copyright protection to be added.

its possible the station have run into copyright issues regarding foreign vs domestic broadcasting which is why they've removed their stream from the radio players. Mediacorp is a big licensed broadcaster and wouldn't willingly break the rules (SG is a country where rules must be obeyed!).

I'm also curious as to your interest in this station, as my extended family are from Malaysia! (the next door country)

Oli

Thank yopu for your reply.

I have an internet radio called- OXX digital.I have resolved the problem by First visiting the site:http://vtuner.com/setupapp/guide/asp/Browsestations/searchforum.asp. Then copy the Oli's URL address and past it at Frontier Silicon Wi-Fi Radio Portal - Member Login the above my Internet radio able to stream the Oli from my home broadband WiFi. The reason I listen to Oli among other such internet-radios, as I am a Tamil.I do listen to SLBC,ATBC on line too. I did search your country for Tamil radio broadcast and did not find one!! My father in 1925 was born in then known as Malasiya!!

Oli

Do you have a pop up blocker disabled. that could be one reason. If you have an antivirus then even it could block site..

OLI 96.8FM I found a way around-If one go to the above link. Choose the station one is after. Copy the URL from the browser. Get to FRONTIER SILICON Radio Portal and choose "My Added Stations" and past the copied URL at Station URL and fill in the rest of the details. Bingo the station would appear over one's home WiFi net work to playable on a home WiFi internet streaming standalone Radio. I hope this will help someone out there having same problem.:D:D:D Regards:happy::happy::happy::happy: