How do I display album / track artwork ?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
The control panel looks for cover images in the following places (in order of preference):

1. In a JPEG file with the same name as the MP3 file.

Example:
    MP3 filename: My Music\demo_track.mp3
    Cover filename: My Music\demo_track.jpg
  2. In a JPEG file named "albumartsmall.jpg" in the same folder as the MP3 file. (This is a standard filename also used by Windows explorer.)

Example:
    Cover filename: My Music\albumartsmall.jpg
  3. In a JPEG file named "folder.jpg" in the same folder as the MP3 file. (Much like albumartsmall.jpg, this is a standard filename also used by Windows explorer.)

Example:
    Cover filename: My Music\folder.jpg
  4. In any JPEG file in the same folder as the MP3 file. If more than one JPEG exists, preference will be given to those with filenames containing the words "front" or "cover". If no filenames contain "front" or "cover", the first image found will be used.

Example:
    Cover filename: My Music\any_filename_will_work.jpg
  5. In the ID3 tags contained within the MP3. Many MP3s come with cover art embedded within the MP3 file itself, so you don't need to upload any additional images to make this work.
If the control panel detects any of the above images during a media library update, it will automatically import them and use them as the cover images for the albums associated with the track.

*WE NOW HAVE AN UPDATED GUIDE FOR THIS IN CENTOVA CAST V3 WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE*

Last edited: