How do i kick a listener off the station stream?

DJD

Morning. Anyone know how to disconnect a listener when streaming with icecast ? Only ever used shoutcast before ?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi DJD,

You can kick an IP with Icecast by logging into your servers 'Administration' page: https://www.internet-radio.com/community/threads/how-do-i-login-to-the-admin-area-of-my-server.29/

For each mount point there is a button to 'List Client's'. If you click on this you will see a list of the currently connected listeners and for each there is an option to 'Kick' the IP.

Please note however that with Icecast you can only kick an IP, you cannot ban IPs like you can with Shoutcast. So if you ever have any particularly troublesome IPs then make a note of them and drop us an email as we can block them for you.

DJD

ok thanks, what about maximum time listeners can tune in for in one listening session, is there a way to set that i used to set 5 hours max with shoucast to stop bandwidth wastage ?? cant see that either.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes, under the 'Mount Points' > 'Settings Override' section of your configuration settings you can set the "Disconnect listeners after" so many seconds. Set this to 18000 seconds for 5 hours.