how long before its time to kick??

DJD

How long should you let listeners listen before its time to kick them with the admin page ?
I have just found one listener thats been tuned in for 2.5 weeks !

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Well that is entirely up to you really? In your control panels 'Advanced' settings you do have a "Always disconnect listeners after" setting.

That is a ridiculously long time to be connected, so we would be very suspicious of that particular IP and just kick/ban them from within your servers 'Admin' page.

Reactions: DJD

DJD

Thanks for the info, I'm thinking 12 hours max before cut out or is that still a little generous??

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yeah we think twelve hours is fair! You would get listeners who would legitimely tune in for long periods of time. :)

This maybe naivety on my part, and if it is I apologise.

But we get this as well, where it would appear that listeners are connected to our stream(s) for weeks on end, and whereas we're aware that nobody (not even us!) would actually listen for that length of time, we'd always put it down to, well, laziness!

Our listeners are able to listen to us via Apps., and various other platforms, so we just assumed they'd downloaded and connected to us, then when they got fed up, had to go to work, etc., they'd put us on "pause" and gone about their daily business, but their device had still essentially been connected to our stream?

If this could be the case, I don't really see where the problem is?

Like I said, perhaps I'm just young (cough, cough) and naive! ;)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Our listeners are able to listen to us via Apps., and various other platforms, so we just assumed they'd downloaded and connected to us, then when they got fed up, had to go to work, etc., they'd put us on "pause" and gone about their daily business

Yes we imagine this often happens!