I have restarted my server and now my " Genres" have reset to "Pop" can you help.

TGrooves

I have restarted my server and now my " Genres" have reset to "Pop" can you help. I had the same issue before , you said to go to the "Mount Point Section" but as another post explained it does not give any options to change.
I had raised the problem before and you changed it back for me.
With Thanks
Soul Rhythms Radio.com
Genres:
Soul, Funk, Jazz, Disco, RnB, Reggae, AmaPiano.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes, I could give you access to your server's raw configuration file if you like and you feel comfortable editing this?

With the raw configuration file you can add/amend your genres on line 20 of the 'liquidsoap' (AutoDJ) file.

IIIEXOCETIII

Same problem here! How would I go about editing my liquid soap config? I looked via FTP but didn't see anything. I restart my server frequently and would hate for someone to have to do this for me every time. My station should be labeled as "Rock, Hard Rock" however always defaults to "Pop". Any help would be appreciated.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Same problem here! How would I go about editing my liquid soap config? I looked via FTP but didn't see anything. I restart my server frequently and would hate for someone to have to do this for me every time. My station should be labeled as "Rock, Hard Rock" however always defaults to "Pop". Any help would be appreciated.

Hi IIIEXOCETIII,

What's your server acounts username please? I can give you the permission to edit your servers raw config file.

IIIEXOCETIII

The username is going to be iiiexocetiii thank you so much that will help immensely. I hoped I wasn't crazy when I didn't see it. And I'm pretty sure this is the information you were asking for. A bit new :)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thank you.

I have updated your genres for you and I've also given you the permission to edit your server's raw config file. To edit the genre open up the 'liquidsoap' config file and on line 20 you'll see the genre settings. Edit this accordingly and then save the file. You'll then need to fully stop and start your server again for the new config settings to take full effect. If you have any issues doing this then please drop us an email.