I need help with Sam Broadcaster and my Microphone

DJ POLITIC

Hello this is DJ POLITIC , I am using SAM Broadcaster pro for my shows and I am having problems connecting my microphone to the software .

This is my set up

DDJ SX
LENOVO IDEAPAD 320
6 PORT USB HUB
EXTERNAL SOUNDCARD with a line in, line out .mic in
using spliter in my laptop audio output jack
using SAM BROADCASTER PRO .

Any advixe would be greatly appreciate it .

DJ POLITIC

Stevy6

Have you got phantom power connected? It needs to be boosted via phantom to give you any sound,( had same issue with very similar mic)

DJ POLITIC

Yes I have the 3.5 but that mean that i will have to use usb because I am using a splitter that is coming out of the earphone jack on my laptop

DJ POLITIC

Oh here is a question I am using a different dj software I do not use serato , I use mixvibes so in my setting I have to use the laptop speaker in order to broadcast out , what am I doing wrong ?

Stevy6

Mix vibes.? Can only find that as an app for iPad software. Can you link me to the program and hardware you use( is it just laptop not decks?)

Stevy6

Sorry just seen the message.
Does your laptop not have its own sound card built in?
Go back to sam broadcaster,
Only need a mic input, and headphone out for listening ,

If your using decks to mix, you will need to use your current set up and get a usb adaptor for mic/phono input.

Let me know how you get on, If struggling direct message me on here

Stevy6

Cross dj looks to be dj software but no broadcasting software! But as support say could use XLR inputs on deck, bu to don’t htink you can broadcast using cross dj? (I’m sure some one will correct me if I’m wrong)

DJ POLITIC

Steve I do have a multi port usb , and I just ordered a brand new neewer nw 700 with the phantom power box , I don't how to get the laptop to reconize the microphone and I also can't get sam broadcaster to reconize my microphone ,