Iconic Extra is Looking for a Saturday Night DJ and Sunday Afternoon DJ

iconicextra

We Are looking for a Saturday Night DJ from 7pm-9pm or 9-11pm or even 7pm - 11pm if you can keep the listeners in. We are also looking for a Sunday evening 5pm - 7pm DJ for our every growing station based in London U.K . we have over 11 DJ and myself and The Co Owner also do shows so unlucky for some there is 13 of us oh and a Tech Guy so saved by the Tech. we have all different types of music here from 70s and up to the Charts like love, rock .70s .80s, Club Anthems and More. we charge all our DJs £5 a Month to stream on our Server . BEFORE YOU WALK AWAY and go NO CHANCE. Take a look at what we offer as a DJ. A unique staff panel designed for our DJs to get listener stats requests from the website and our short code text number, yes a short code text number like the big FM Stations have which is 82228 and you start your message with the word EXTRA we also have android and ioS Apps , Merchandise and Listeners MORE THAN JUST YA MATES and are on every directory you can imagine from Streema to Deezer to internet radio.ie and more we are of course on Tunein and Radioline so you can get us from Alexa and your T.V. Come take a look at us at www.iconicextra.com and see for yourself and if u have a microphone streaming equipment and want to do either of them slots then feel out the become a DJ form on our website or send us an email at contact@iconicextra.com. all you need to be is over 18yrs of age and have dj software to broadcast like vdj ,Sambroadcaster or the likes of , a working clear microphone ,(not laptop mic). over 2000 songs in your library and growing and have a stable internet connection. if this is you and you want to become part of a group and team and enjoy great listeners and banter on our discord chat whilst playing your tunes, then what are you waiting for, contact us now . Regards DJ Popster Station Owner

Stevy6

or you could join pretty much any other station on here for FREEEE!!!!! but a fiver is not bad?

iconicextra

You could but have they got what iconic extra has got . Probably not a lot of the good stations charge and we are one of the cheapest . But if not interested in joining mate why make the comment as if your happy where you are then all is good my 12 DJs are happy to pay and happy to be with us . But instead of making a comment that most people no make none as probably stating the obvious is a bit boring but opinion is welcome as always but don’t think your comment was needed as you may not wish to pay but others might get my point

Keybasher

or you could join pretty much any other station on here for FREEEE!!!!! but a fiver is not bad?

Let's be honest any free station you do join as a DJ/Radio Presenter comes with the 'expectation of donation'. Only one of the three stations I've volunteered on has not made an immediate point of telling me how much the station costs to run and strongly suggested that I pay subs within a couple of shows. . We're all aware of how much these stations cost to run, and will always chip in where we can to help out anyway. So I can't see why that many DJs would be turned completely off by this, and on the other hand I can see why many might find demanding up front a bit obtuse.

Whilst the method of raising funds outlined by iconicextra is a little bit on the crass side I can see where it might benefit a station to have so a transparent method of funding - there's no second guessing how much others might be contributing and whether you're contributing too much or too little as a DJ. This internet radio thing is a hobby, and most hobby clubs do ask for subs, and at £5 a month this isn't unreasonable.

Last edited:

iconicextra

we are honest with our DJs and like to think that us charging the £5 per month they get a good deal as there are not to many stations out there wish a short code text number as we cater for the blind as most can hear the stations but how do they communicate a request we have the short code option so they can say to there phone hay seri or the likes of text 82228 and then it says what would you like to say they say extra and whatever they wish and send it we get it .how many other stations have that .yes we have discord and the request tab on the website like the rest but we DO give Extra and tell me alot of of stations struggle for listeners but i appreciate that what you said is fair as its not a bad price. we also do charity stuff with the money raised so its not just all in our pockets like most stations but we are who we are and do well at at so hey if people want to join then they will we are only advertising as we have a few djs that do gogs so cant do the saturday nights and a sundays so has moved his shows to a different day and time. its not for the money side

Daniel Martin

This is a good internet radio station ... I didn't agree with everything that they put to me i.e discord, facebook, twitter & instagram ... I am just a simple DJ that likes to just play the music I thinks that people would enjoy I don't see the need for all the media sites but that is just me ... as for £5 a month omg 2 pints of bitter and its paid for :D ... and your hobby comes to life as a DJ for a internet radio station.

IanD

I think your £5 per month contribution is quite reasonable... and you're being very up front about it too.

iconicextra

Thank you my comment is we have filled the Sunday 5-7pm slot already and in a week have now got 3 new DJs one for country &80’s one for rock & metal and one for 70’s to 90’s with 15 DJs I’d say you right @IanD its reasonable and it grows the station

iconicextra

@Carl Dee i see you cv buddy and very impressed with it very much so . I see no demo buddy but if you could send one to contact@iconicextra.com that would be grand and of course if u wish to become a DJ with us just hit me up to the attention dj popster or gillie b as we are the station owners.
cheers buddy

Sonic

Good luck with Robbie and Cuppy. Thank you Iconic for taking them, big load off my mind. You will find out lol.

iconicextra

Pk they have been with us before mate 3yr back and are happy to have them bsck as they work our system very well we no that Robbie is a bit old in the tooth and technophobe but he has learnt our system well and we have no issues . Trust me mate if I didn’t won’t hun he wouldn’t be here as it’s not like I actually need them both