Introducing ProgYes Internet Radio

progyesfm

ProgYes Internet Radio has been running for a few weeks now. It features 'ProgYes' shows, which I was initially producing for Phoenix FM in Halifax. I now make these monthly shows available on the ProgYes internet station (as well as Phoenix). There's quite a lot of stuff on the station now (so I thought I'd give it a plug) and the content will grow in the coming months.

The genre is Progressive although I actually lean towards the accessible end of Prog ,myself, which some might even describe as Prog Pop i.e. (some) Yes, Kansas, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Mike and the Mechanics etc. It's not at all 'hair shirt' prog although I do include a mixture. I also like Jazz Rock and I now have a Cool Jazz hour with the likes of Larry Carlton, Spyrogyra, Acoustic Alchemy and Brand X.

Have a look at the playlists here Have a look at my new Radio player here on my front page (haven't got the current track being played yet!)

Finally - I am a musician and I admit I do feature some of my own stuff on the random lops during the day, but hardly at all on the evening scheduled shows. I happened to have a couple of Christmas songs so I did feature those on the Christmas Special.

Eventually there will be a whole set of scheduled shows throughout the evening.

Tim Hunter

ProgYes: Progably the best music in the world.

Last edited: