Is it possible to have a player instead of the icons?

Kevin Allum

I have just started getting my website designed and the web developers have asked me to find out if, instead of the little icons which come up when they use the code snippets, we can have a player? I would also like to have the artist information displayed under the player... Cover image track title etc. I am using Icecast and auto DJ if that helps any.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Usually clients use the FFMp3 Flash Player in combination with code snippets to achieve this by displaying the code snippets below the FFMp3 player. The recent tracks code snippet provides the album art work.

We have also recently become aware of another player that looks as though it will do this well. We recommend that you check out the RadioTuna player. 8)

Kevin Allum

Radio Tuna

Does anybody know whether Radio Tuna is compatible with Icecast or is it just with Shoutcast servers. I can't seem to get the info from anybody over there. Thanks

Kevin Allum

Radio Tuna

Received a reply from Radio Tuna and they have told me they are not compatable with Icecast, only Shoutcast at the moment.

Something to consider if anybody is thinking of using them :)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Received a reply from Radio Tuna and they have told me they are not compatable with Icecast, only Shoutcast at the moment.

Something to consider if anybody is thinking of using them :)

Thanks for letting us and others know about this. :)

Kevin Allum

Radio Tuna

With the discovery that we can only use Radio Tuna with Shoutcast... can you swap my Icecast server for Shoutcast if I decide that I would like the Radio Tuna player?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
With the discovery that we can only use Radio Tuna with Shoutcast... can you swap my Icecast server for Shoutcast if I decide that I would like the Radio Tuna player?

We can do this for you, but to be honest it would probaly be easier just to set up a new Shoutcast account yourself and then cancel your current Icecast account. :)