Is there a direct mp3 stream URL?

Roberto Rivera

I'd like to use the standard HTML5 <audio> structure to stream. However I have to provide an mp3 stream. Any help would be appreciated.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Robert,

Here is the url that you require: us2.internet-radio.com:8085;

Its important that it has the semicolon at the end of the address.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Oh ok, that's interesting. But we are pleased that this works for you now all the same.

We shall take a look into the web proxy link for you and get back to you.

Roberto Rivera

IMPORTANT:

If you're using the html5 AUDIO element/tag and you're not making it autoplay, use preload="none" attribute.

I put 2 AUDIO elements, in a single page. One for the regular stream, and the other one was for the Web Proxy stream. I noticed that they would both connect, and I could see the both in my active Listeners page. They even had the same connection duration. This is bad, as even if the user isn't listening, he will consume bandwidth. And in this case, (in which I had 2 in the same page) it would consume TWICE the bandwidth.

#WordOfCaution :)

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member

No problem :)

Hypothetical, if all my listener are connected through the proxy, does that affect quality, uptime, or connectivity?

No, not at all.

IMPORTANT:

If you're using the html5 AUDIO element/tag and you're not making it autoplay, use preload="none" attribute.

I put 2 AUDIO elements, in a single page. One for the regular stream, and the other one was for the Web Proxy stream. I noticed that they would both connect, and I could see the both in my active Listeners page. They even had the same connection duration. This is bad, as even if the user isn't listening, he will consume bandwidth. And in this case, (in which I had 2 in the same page) it would consume TWICE the bandwidth.

#WordOfCaution :)

Thanks for the words of advice. Hopefully that will be useful to know for some other people as well.