Jingles

I have Windows 10,use Winamp..so,I bought radio jingle recently in mp3 and wav format.My radio is just a playlist and play songs on Winamp randomly,no deejays. I put jingle in playlist like added a mp3 file in Winamp playlist but...Jingle playback is much faster than original when I listen my own radio trough web player or any stream link in my Station page but,when I listen jingle like Winamp user on laptop, everything sounds like original. For example,if hard to understand - trough Station web player for listener jingle sounds like 33 1/3 record wich accidentally put on speed 45 ..Jingle company can't help, because never ever somebody report problem like mine

Last edited:
sample rate?

there's got to be something different about the file. what happens if you export the audio yourself so you know it matches the rest of your library?

if that doesn't help, upload a track, and a jingle if you want, i can take a look at them with ffmpeg and audacity to see if i spot what's up with it.

out of curiosity, jingle from where?

last one i got was a resing from jam productions, http://jingles.com/ and that wasn't even for a radio project! ;)

Nice find, I might use them on a couple of things in the future, looked into them, it's been setup by Paul Blundell, a fellow Yorkshire lad (I'm North, he's West) who does Sunday Breakfast on Wakefield's Ridings FM, that's a part of the Lincs FM Group, which was bought up by the cancer that is Bauer, and I think we know what happens when that brand of tumour gets a hold of a station: https://radiotoday.co.uk/2020/05/most-of-acquired-bauer-stations-to-become-greatest-hits-radio/
Not familiar with him,just saw an advertisement on FB..but he doesn't knows how to fix problem with my jingle now...I asked to him about sample rate on email, waiting for answer.

Not familiar with him,just saw an advertisement on FB..but he doesn't knows how to fix problem with my jingle now...I asked to him about sample rate on email, waiting for answer.
He gave me an answer ,sample rate - 48000....I reckon,that problem could be in Shoutcast source DSP, because highest number in encoder settings is 44100.

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes the sample rate should be at 44100hz, not 48000hz. The file is also in joint stereo, you will want this to be in normal stereo.

Downloaded and extracted the zip, that plays fine on VLC.

Audacity > edit > preferences > quality > 44,100, 32 bit float.

That says it's 44,100 but if you open the file in Audacity you can see the bottom left corner of the screen says Project Rate 48000

Thing is, I opened a couple of files here to compare and contrast, including a song, one which plays fine on air via Icecast and Liquidsoap, and saw that too had the same settings.

I would open and export it the way you want.
Oh, that's fine,I have Audacity downloaded,thanks for advice.Will put answer here if everything will sounds fine.

I do not seem able to find a decent mp3 upload and analyse tool, can anyone point me in the direction of one please, or does this mean I have to build one myself sometime???

I don't mind getting my hands dirty and hacking something up with FFMPeg or whatever, and somewhere on my list of things to do is create an application which reads the music files in a directory, does a load of checks against them, and moves any files which are not to the required standard to another folder.

Library standardisation, and naming conventions, are both commonly overlooked...
Did everything in Audacity,jingle got right sample rate now and sounds in right speed, Thanks everyone for help.