John Peel/New Bands Project.

SammyJ

Dear All,

Happy New Year to you!

A few friends and I, are involved on social media in a project to remember the "Peel Sessions", and it occurred to us that in order to honour the memory of John Peel, we should also focus on new artists too.

We are considering starting an online service for this purpose, and looking at people to help us with this.

We're not looking to make any proft, just have a laugh, produce some good radio programmes, but most of all play some fine music.

Should you be interested in joining, and helping us, or require further information, please E-Mail: martyngrant382@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

AndyC

Dear All,

Happy New Year to you!

A few friends and I, are involved on social media in a project to remember the "Peel Sessions", and it occurred to us that in order to honour the memory of John Peel, we should also focus on new artists too.

We are considering starting an online service for this purpose, and looking at people to help us with this.

We're not looking to make any proft, just have a laugh, produce some good radio programmes, but most of all play some fine music.

Should you be interested in joining, and helping us, or require further information, please E-Mail: martyngrant382@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you.
Hi Martyn,
That sounds like an interesting project you've got there. It peaked my interest as I'm currently setting up a new online station with a classic and (hopefully) professional feel. John was one of the great broadcasters, whose style we would very much like to emulate in at least one of our shows. So if you need any help with producing a show then I'm here to help.

All the best,

Andy

SDR Talent Scout

There was a chap on here who used to run a john peel radio station, it was a tribute, i think he was called Nathan( may of even been charming Nathan) but cant find him right now. may of left,
I once offered to buy his station he was giving it up ( it was his own server) he may see this.

SammyJ

Dear AndyC, and SDR Talent Scout,

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Would be great to hear from both of you via E-Mail, martyngrant382@gmail.com!

The idea is to emulate Mr. Peel, in terms of what he did musically, Peel Sessions, etc., and championing new artists and bands.

I believe I know of Nathan, he tried to setup, what was effectively Xfm Mark II, but broadcasting online only, he had as much chance of financial success as that station did back in 1997.

The intention here is to play and enjoy great music, make some friendships, and the joy of letting others hear what they may not be able to listen to elsewhere.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Martyn.