Looking for a radio friend for podcasts / internet radio shows

Lorcian

Hi,

My name is Daniel, I’m 36 and I’m based in the UK. I’m a bit of a geek and I love radio and podcasting, a bit of a gamer and I am also a cartoonist!

I’m looking for a “radio friend”. someone with similar interests to me who would like to help product some great content. Most of my old radio friends have moved onto other things or had families or whatever, so I’m looking to meet some new people, make friends and produce some stuff.

I do shows for local FM stations, online stations, produce several podcasts and I am also doing game twitch streaming for a bit of fun as well but I’m struggling on my own and would like to meet someone I could develop a long term co-operative friendship with. I’d also be more than willing to help with your projects as well.

ideally looking for someone from the UK with a good mic and internet connection. also, I have a great sense of humour and some spare time.

thanks for reading this and I hope this is of interest to someone out there!

Bulldog

As I say to everyone Daniel, look around first mate.

Check out the different sites of people saying "join us" .. ask about listener stats and activity etc..

Try and get a feel of the place before hand.

Good luck and game on :)

Just got myself a copy of Streets of Rage 4... keeping me very busy! lol

Lorcian

As I say to everyone Daniel, look around first mate.

Check out the different sites of people saying "join us" .. ask about listener stats and activity etc..

Try and get a feel of the place before hand.

Good luck and game on :)

Just got myself a copy of Streets of Rage 4... keeping me very busy! lol

cheers Bulldog,

I hope people actually read what I wrote and not just spam recruitment links.

by “radio friend” what I really mean a co-host. Someone who is willing to help on my existing projects and in turn I’ll help on theirs.

Oh yeah? Heard good things about it. Free with Xbox game pass btw.

Demo

.. ask about listener stats and activity etc.

Why should applicants ask about listener stats and activity of a station they are thinking of joining ??
Lots of new stations here will have very few listeners and Presenters so if they are asked how many listeners they have then that station stands very little chance of getting off the ground because the presenter may not want to join them if the stats are low.
Being a DJ / Presenter should be for the enjoyment for Yourself, Station and the Listeners (No matter how low) and Not for the egomaniac.

Just my opinion so no offence intended.

Stevy6

New starters stations and established stations all have different needs when it comes to presenters. some stations on here have a steady stream of 5 listeners others have peaks and troughs of 200-2000. its the presenter and their listeners, the regularity of their shows , their ability to share when they are on air, and interaction with listeners too.
its not about the numbers its about the passion, the show, the listeners will come if the show is good enough, the station will grow if the presenters have the passion and the ability to share the airwaves with the listener.

Its not all about the numbers.

DJ Magic

I disagree with your comments … no matter how often you advertise your radio station and no matter how passionate you are … no matter how good your radio station streams music … no matter how good a Presenter / DJ you are unless maybe … the few listeners who listen if its 5 or 200 word of mouth is the best way to show people a direct path to your radio.

Me I loves music and I am also passionate about music and do my uppermost to make the few listeners I have happy (6) but then I try to makes the best of what I haves and try and makes the listeners thinks they are part of my radio family.

SDR Talent Scout

I disagree with your comments … no matter how often you advertise your radio station and no matter how passionate you are … no matter how good your radio station streams music … no matter how good a Presenter / DJ you are unless maybe … the few listeners who listen if its 5 or 200 word of mouth is the best way to show people a direct path to your radio.

Suppose it depends where you advertise and the quality of your programming. But a regular presenter/ time and show style will reap rewards ,especially if using social media and discord channels correctly and gives the listener a reason to listen. It’s finding the hook, and using it.

Bulldog

Why should applicants ask about listener stats and activity of a station they are thinking of joining ??
Lots of new stations here will have very few listeners and Presenters so if they are asked how many listeners they have then that station stands very little chance of getting off the ground because the presenter may not want to join them if the stats are low.
Being a DJ / Presenter should be for the enjoyment for Yourself, Station and the Listeners (No matter how low) and Not for the egomaniac.

Just my opinion so no offence intended.

"Just my opinion so no offence intended."

lol I am a big boy mate :) no offence taken ;) everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and if anyone says different, they're wrong ;) lol this is just a conversation, we're not married ;)

"Why should applicants ask about listener stats and activity of a station they are thinking of joining ??"

For the simple fact that, a lot of people lie about stats. I've seen some stations that advertise on here say, "we get 12K listeners per show" .... really! 12 thousand per 2 hour show ?,... then, they get caught out because the DJ actually finds the stats and see that he is playing to no one but 2.. and one is his wife lol

Now, said DJ above had refuse to go to any other station as he was lied to by two different stations.

What this does, it makes a mockery of people trying to make something. ...

I haven't seen a station yet get BIG numbers so, if someone asks, tell the truth and say "hey, we are growing and want you to grow with us" .. if they say "no" then so be it.

"Being a DJ / Presenter should be for the enjoyment for Yourself, Station and the Listeners (No matter how low) and Not for the egomaniac."

This, is sooooo true! it's all about the enjoyment, if you (whoever) is having fun, it'll come out in your show and after time, people will want to join in as a regular listener or recommned you to others because you're fun.

All-in-all .. there's probably no right or wrong answers for radio stations, in regards to people joining, that's why I always tell people who ask:

"Try and get a feel of the place before hand. "

WantedFM

Notice: For up to date information please click here for our latest Thread.
5ebc1488905f35.68474380.png

Wanted FM
The Youth Powered Radio.

Wanted FM is a new Online Youth Powered Radio, made for you. Wanted FM is dedicated in providing a wide Range of Music 24/7, with the help of our Radio DJs/Presenters.

We also have a ever-growing Media Department in which keeps you up-to-date with all the latest Music, Showbiz and General News happenings around the world.

Wanted FM currently operates 3 different Stations dedicated to specific Genres, these include;
Wanted FM - Playing a Bit of Everything.
Wanted DANCE - Playing the Best Dance Mixes.
Wanted RAP - Playing the Latest Rap Hits.

Interested in becoming part of our Team? We are currently hiring Radio DJs/Presenters and Media Reporters.
Radio Department >>
Our Radio Department is at the heart of Wanted FM. Our DJs and Presenters broadcast Music live to our listeners. They engage our listeners by hosting on-air competitions, playing requests and reading dedications left by Listeners.
If your passion is for Music, then there’s no doubt this role is for you.
Click Here to Apply.

Media (News) Department >>
Our Media Team is dedicated in reporting the latest news and creating articles for our Readers and Listeners. We offer a wide range of topics from Music, Gaming, Real-Life (and the list goes on). If writing articles and bringing our readers up to date with the latest News is for you, then apply today. Click Here to Apply.

So why not join our Team today? There’s so much to discover. Not interested in joining our Team? Then not to worry, come and join our Community of Listeners at Wanted FM and be part of something BIG!

Required resources for all roles are provided by Wanted FM. (Except Physical Equipment I.e; Laptops, Computers, Microphones, Headsets)

See you soon,
The Wanted Team x

WantedFM.co.uk
Playing the Best Hits, All Day, Every Day!

WANTED is Owned and Operated by Triune Media Group Limited, (Registered in England with Company No. 11820898)
*Pay Monthly is Subject to Ts&Cs (Found on our Website)