Mac - Nicecast - newbie questions - where do your servers come in?

How many listeners does a new Internet station get?

• More than 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 10

• More than 50

• More than 100

• Total voters

Flaneur

hi,
I have just downloaded Nicecast, tried broadcasting a song and to my surprise it worked. It was that simple. Just went to another computer, typed in the URL Nicecast gave me and the song played.

So my question is - where does everything you offer come in? Is it a bandwidth thing? Would Nicecast on its own not allow me to broadcast to many people?

If so, how many people can I broadcast to with your basic package compared with just using Nicecast?

How do I involve your service? Is it as simple as typing something into Nicecast and getting a new URL from you?

Thanks for answering these newbie questions.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi there,

In short, the answer is yes to all of your questions.

We host Shoutcast and Icecast internet radio servers providing pay as you go bandwidth or unlimited bandwidth on our montlhy subscriptions. Here is some information on the services we provide: Internet Radio Servers

8)

ravendark

Nicecast and mp3pro

I hope this is the right forum for this ;) I dj in Second Life and do great with Nicecast (I love It). Recently I was asked to dj at one of the open sims (InWorldz). They told me that it doesnt support mp3pro. I have no idea what they are talking about lol. Is it nicecast that cant stream there or is it something else? I really need to know it has me totally stumped lol. Some viewers could hear me but none of the InWorldz viewers could pick me up ;)

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Ravendark

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
I hope this is the right forum for this ;) I dj in Second Life and do great with Nicecast (I love It). Recently I was asked to dj at one of the open sims (InWorldz). They told me that it doesnt support mp3pro. I have no idea what they are talking about lol. Is it nicecast that cant stream there or is it something else? I really need to know it has me totally stumped lol. Some viewers could hear me but none of the InWorldz viewers could pick me up ;)

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Ravendark

Hi Ravendark,

Mp3pro is slightly different to standard Mp3 in that in it uses some additional compression for better quality at lower bitrates. To be honest, its not something that you come across that often in use, well we have not anyway! So its likely just a non-compatible format in this case. Why dont you just stream in standard Mp3?

ravendark

Hi Ravendark,

Mp3pro is slightly different to standard Mp3 in that in it uses some additional compression for better quality at lower bitrates. To be honest, its not something that you come across that often in use, well we have not anyway! So its likely just a non-compatible format in this case. Why dont you just stream in standard Mp3?

As far as I know I am, unless its coming from Nicecast. All I'm using is i Tunes and Nicecast. Haha If mp3pro is in there Im unaware of it lol. Hope someone can help Im going crazy with this lol.:D

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
As far as I know I am, unless its coming from Nicecast. All I'm using is i Tunes and Nicecast. Haha If mp3pro is in there Im unaware of it lol. Hope someone can help Im going crazy with this lol.:D

I don't have a Mac or Nicecast at hand at this moment, but I'm pretty sure Nicecast only streams in Mp3 anyway and does not support Mp3pro.

We have no idea what 'InWorldz' is we are afraid? Are you using your own streaming server away from this to connect the stream to their service? Perhaps the issue is with your servers configuration rather than with you using Nicecast?

Best of luck with it anyway, hopefully you will figure it out :)

ravendark

I don't have a Mac or Nicecast at hand at this moment, but I'm pretty sure Nicecast only streams in Mp3 anyway and does not support Mp3pro.

We have no idea what 'InWorldz' is we are afraid? Are you using your own streaming server away from this to connect the stream to their service? Perhaps the issue is with your servers configuration rather than with you using Nicecast?

Best of luck with it anyway, hopefully you will figure it out :)

Thank you I'll Check :))))))))