MORE PRESENTERS WANTED

iconicextra

We are looking for passionate DJs to join our ever Growing team at iconic extra. Live DJs only NO PRE RECORDED OR SYNDICATED SHOWS, we have the amount we wish for in this field already. We DO NOT CHARGE A FEE TO BE WITH US, but if you want to contribute to the stations running we never say no. We play from 1970s to present chart hits and We have these day time slots available as follows. Breakfast show slot 7-10 Monday through till Friday , 10am till 12pm Monday, Tuesday Thursday, Friday (ONLY) . 12pm till 2pm Monday through till Friday. And a 2pm till 4pm Tuesdays (ONLY) . We do have Saturday day slots also and possibly 5pm till 7pm Saturday evening Available. We have some Sunday daytime slots available but are looking for a chilled out Sunday vibe DJ for these slots . All time are in G.M.T U.K . If you would like to come and join a station that has great banter a listener count a unique staff panel where requests from SMS (yes we have our very own short code text number 82228 starting the message with the word extra) and the website link or email comes through to a panel of ease, saving the DJ searching around and having 15 tabs open we have it all in one place . We have Discord as our chat platform and more staff Jingles than you can shake a STICK at. We have a android app, We have Alexa skill, although we are on TUNEIN. We have ourselves on your SMART T.V via RADIOLINE APP, AND WE ARE FULLY LICENCED FOR PPL AND PRS. So if you want to join a station that's fully legal and doesn't charge u money to be with us but loves a donation and contribution then this is the station for you. We have Mixcloud , Soundcloud accounts for you to upload your shows to and all the socials without you needing your own (yes we give you access to our twitter and Instagram accounts to post your shows along with 15 groups on Facebook to get your name and show seen). Sounds good well if it seems to good come and have a listen at www.iconicextra.com . You can even join our discord and say you've come to be noisy as a possible future DJ. Oh i almost forgot we will even give you your own unique email @Iconicextra.com , and yes we stream at 320kbps , so only the best quality for your stream. If this sounds like a station you wanna be a part of them send us a email with the information of. Your playout software, your age , where your from , what music you wish to play on extra style / genre. and what time slot you are interested in to contact@iconicextra.com, or go to our website and click become a Dj in the top right corner of the site. Thanks for reading and we hope to speak with one of you Talented DJs soon.

iconicextra

Name a radio station that pays they’re DJs to do internet radio and I’ll sign up mate. It’s a hobby not a business so it’s voluntary for enjoyment it isn’t FM buddy nor is it Radio one.

iconicextra

Well good for you mate most of us on this forum are not on fm or in a position to pay, so may be the the wrong place for you here as I’m sure it’s called volunteers forum in the actual forum name ( not to state the invoice) We do it for the love of music that’s the reward for us right there .

SDR Talent Scout

Its a business where I am at, we are on fm and net!
With respect Matt, you were touting for a dj position a few weeks ago, now you are on a pro station you think your the dogs and talk like you own it! And think that everyone should Be paid? almost all internet stations including ours are volunteer led, we have had presenters come and go,(often going to professional stations) never has money been the issue, its the love of music and culture that gets us presenters. it’s a hobby As Iconic said , station's can’t afford to pay.

Best of luck iconic hope you get the volunteers you are looking for.

Last edited:

Sonic

Hard to hold back so I wont !
Live 365 doesn't pay for the ads anymore. They just take the money off of what station owners pay for their fees yearly, I have heard.
Matt I have built you 3 radio stations/podcast sites in the last 12 months or so which you destroyed or just deleted.
As above, you want a paid DJ job then applying to be a Dj in different threads.
Your as stable as a train smash and have no idea what your doing.
How you got manager at a FM station is beyond me.
Do you not think stable station owners here on the forum talk about you. Most of us owners are friends.
Station Manager LMFAO!

Last edited:

DJ_Matt

I know that, I have been doing net radio now for years, its just about time that people start compensating their staff is all I was saying, its hard to get volunteers, so thats all I was saying, enjoy and hope you find the help!! ✌️

DJ_Matt

With respect Matt, you were touting for a dj position a few weeks ago, now you are on a pro station you think your the dogs and talk like you own it! And think that everyone should Be paid? almost all internet stations including ours are volunteer led, we have had presenters come and go,(often going to professional stations) never has money been the issue, its the love of music and culture that gets us presenters. it’s a hobby As Iconic said , station's can’t afford to pay.

No I don’t own it, the boss wants us to advertise it, he made me a Station Manager, because I am good at what I do with net radio and DJ’ing! Geesh

iconicextra

@SDR Talent Scout appreciate your support and kind words mate. seems like the world always has a man that thinks they are the dogs in everything they do. unfortunately being on a volunteer radio forum i was hoping that the professional FM DJ wouldn't be so silly to think internet radio stations can pay there staff.... but i guess i was wrong.

iconicextra

Hard to hold back so I wont !
Live 365 doesn't pay for the ads anymore. They just take the money off of what station owners pay for their fees yearly, I have heard.
Matt I have built you 3 radio stations/podcast sites in the last 12 months or so which you destroyed or just deleted.
As above, you want a paid DJ job then applying to be a Dj in different threads.
Your as stable as a train smash and have no idea what your doing.
How you got manager at a FM station is beyond me.
Do you not think stable station owners here on the forum talk about you. Most of us owners are friends.
Station Manager LMFAO!
mr sonic hey pal we have known each other 6 years maybe 7 could be longer and we see what each other does and doesn't do and chat over things, sometimes in good light and sometimes in bad light lol. one thing we both agreeing on is, the love of music and helping others succeed. what we both don't stand for is fools and waste of timers . i think like me sonic, you are completely wasting your time helping a professional manager lol. i think we should wait until he is a owner and then he will understand the costs related to running a successful station as we do bro. till then its ignore time i believe lol. and maybe he'll go away lol. thanks for ya support also bro appreciate it

OttoDJ

Its a business where I am at, we are on fm and net!
What is this FM signal you're on? Are you a DB that dubs your signal on an FM...or an FM that streams on the web? Your running Live 365 spots on the FM band...as well as the web? I haven't researched it, but I doubt you can do that. Live 365 isn't meant/intended to feed FM stations or FM translators (if that's the "FM" you have as part of your "business").

Is this "FM" you're on a FCC licensed, full-powered FM signal? Is it a low-powered FM (LPFM)? I've done an FM station search on a few resources and there is no legal station (full or low-powered, or even a Part 15) with the call sign of "WLUC" on the "96" frequencies (you do not provide a (dot) 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9, after) in or around the city Picayune, Mississippi, USA.

I see you have IRCS and NADB logos on your site and state you're "fully licensed and legal" in your materials. Neither of those online organizations are affiliated with the FCC or NAB, which are both legal authorities for terrestrial stations in the States.

The IRCS and NADB are not licensing organizations; they're databases: you're paying to be listed on their database (a sort of "telephone book" for DB stations) that make stations easier to find. While they do provide a commendable, necessary service to help all of the DB stations to cut through it all to find listeners, they do not have the authority to license digital broadcast-internet radio stations. They don't claim they do, either.

I hope you guys aren't pirating an FM signal. Again, just because you paid to be on the IRCS and NADB databases for DB stations, doesn't mean you can just pop on to any open FM frequency regulated by the FCC in the States.

Sure, your WLUC call sign and faux 96 frequency makes for a nice image to market a station, but there are not "licensed and legal" call signs in the DB realms. You'd be best served with a web address/name "Lucky 7 Radio (dot) com" or "Country Mix 96 (dot) net" or "Snake Eyes Radio (dot) com Your Country Hits Station" (playing off that dice image I seen on your site) -- which makes you much easier to find online than "registered" call letters.

Last edited:

OttoDJ

No I don’t own it, the boss wants us to advertise it, he made me a Station Manager, because I am good at what I do with net radio and DJ’ing! Geesh
Advertise it?

What's the angle, here, mate? You run down other stations by saying "we pay, they don't"...so presenters will leave their station and come to yours? DB is a non-competitive community that helps one another, not tears down each other..and doesn't poach talent from other stations with promises of "pay".

We don't understand how you can be a "station manager" instructed by your "owner" to post and promote your station -- and you think "promoting" means coming on these boards and berating and putting down other DB stations "for not paying" their presenters...which is an impossibility.

That is, unless your owner is digging deep into their pockets and operating in the red, just throwing money at it -- which seems to be the case.

OttoDJ

I know that, I have been doing net radio now for years, its just about time that people start compensating their staff is all I was saying, its hard to get volunteers, so thats all I was saying, enjoy and hope you find the help!! ✌️
Right. And destroying your fourth DB outlet.

iconicextra

Well thanks for hijacking my post for DJs all lol but must say funny as and very entertaining. But does anyone want to do a show on iconicextra or shell I start the post again pmfsl as thinking it may be best lol