MP3 URL - Icecast

cjwilson95

Hello Folks,

Another question....

I still cant get my Shoutstream plugin to work with my wordpress site, I am using icecast to stream but i am not getting any sound from the players, therefore i am hoping you can help me.

I have found another player, unfortuantley it is not accepting any of my streams which are on my current server, therefore, Is there an MP3 URL link for ICECAST i have tryed to look for it but i cant not find it!!

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Regards

Callum
PGR

MykeH

Try this first

In your Control Panel Launch winamp (if itis installed on your pc) and see if you can hear your stream

What I did and not sure it right - double click on the ticker tape running across Winamp it should give you the details of your stream

When you are putting the info in your player you just need the IP address XX.XX.XX no http

Make a note of your Port Number

and the stream name eg. stream

That's it

Hope that helps

cjwilson95

Hi

Hi Mkye

Thanks for that i have tried this now i am trying to regsiter my station with a player called " Radio Tuna " not sure if you have heard of it?

C

MykeH

No regrettably I have not heard of it - I use FFMp3 the reason being in my case it had to be almost idiot proof to setup:D

Comes with lot of skins as well

FFMp3 :: - The Flash MP3/OGG Live Stream Player! - haXed

When you click the Download button it come up with a little app where you fill in your details IP, Port Etc and if you have done it correctly you will hear the player work.

There is also an example which one can load and then you change the example details with your own

Then you go ahead and it will generate the html code code for you.

Here is something I found - and I am not sure it it happens with all players, if you put the player on your main page on your site for example. playing away happily. I found if the listener navigates away from the Main Page to read something else on your site the player stops. The way I fixed that is using a popup window for the player

Please post a link to your player it could be interesting and if you get it to work please do tell how you got it to work.

It will be helpful to others who may encounter similar problems

Last edited: