Name & Shame

scottyd

Ever wanted to start a thread on the crap DJs that do the circles and waste peoples time?
there are a few ive encountered over the years and that same few seem to go to other stations and do the same. Just an idea like a ratting for the djs etc. so us radio owners dont waste the time we do adding a new dj for them to not show etc.

Motrukdriver

hahaha.. that would be like a credit report. Credit Karma... or DJ Karma probably a very good idea if the same not so good dj's keep making the rounds

scottyd

hahaha.. that would be like a credit report. Credit Karma... or DJ Karma probably a very good idea if the same not so good dj's keep making the rounds
Yes the isea is there but youd probably get a few numptys who just report someone for the sake of it. I supose a good way would be a top site type thing for djs where the public vote..

I think it should be done in a way where stations can comment for example some people don't know how to actually get on air at first but may learn but I agree that DJ's new or old that continuously no show or play games should be posted so that people don't hire them... Also people who don't know what they are doing should be posted too in Canada we have Kijiji which is a fancy version of Craiglist without personals sections and I have people reply all the time who have no clue what to do or who ask what the pay is even though it is clearly marked non paid volunteers...

The problem is too lots of people see the concerts and events we work with and think it gives them free range to do anything without asking...

scottyd

I think it should be done in a way where stations can comment for example some people don't know how to actually get on air at first but may learn but I agree that DJ's new or old that continuously no show or play games should be posted so that people don't hire them... Also people who don't know what they are doing should be posted too in Canada we have Kijiji which is a fancy version of Craiglist without personals sections and I have people reply all the time who have no clue what to do or who ask what the pay is even though it is clearly marked non paid volunteers...

The problem is too lots of people see the concerts and events we work with and think it gives them free range to do anything without asking...

Yup people think anyone can just be a dj. I have herd some terrible voices in my time, then theres the ones who sound so depressed to lol.