New Internet website needing podcast DJs and Music/Gig Reviewers

uksounds

UKSounds.com is a new website launched by a small team of people passionate about quality music.
As well as music and gig reviews, the site will include music quizzes and on demand radio shows.
Our music policy is –
- To play any quality music from the last 60 years or so
- But to NOT play the usual boring oldies played on the “Cotton Wool” radio stations across most of the FM and DAB wavebands.
- Instead we play great album tracks, long forgotten singles, rare tracks and more
- We also want to promote newer indie music featuring the best of new artists.
- We mainly sit in the Rock and Pop genre, but dabble in others too
Our target audience for both the website and radio shows are –
- People who have sadly lost their passion for music. They used to get excited about the latest single or album they’d just bought, now they just sit in front of the latest TV talent show, thinking its the best you can expect in the 2010s.
- Main target age range is around 35 – 60+, the Vinyl record buyers of yesteryear
- It is mainly a UK based audience
What we need –
- People to join our team who share our passion for music
- DJs with access to a means to record a professional sounding radio show at home and download to our server
- A regular commitment is needed, ideally recording at least 2 x 2 hour shows per month
- We would want volunteers to stay with us for a minimum of one year
- Experience of course would help, or at least be a keen amateur, but no training given, just friendly encouragement
- Sound IT/Typing skills – there is programme preparation needed to encode the show for broadcast, but its not difficult, just takes a little while.
- Basically, people who just “get on with it” without being asked.
We also have vacancies for music and gig reviewers to write website content.
To find out more –
- Email ian@uksounds.com (whose current radio show you can hear on www.uksounds.com) and tell him about what experience you have, what music you’re into, etc
- A demo playlist and then recorded demo will be needed, and will be the concensus of the current team before we agree to take you on
Thanks very much for reading through this, and hope you’ll be interested in our site, if not also joining the UKSounds team
www.uksounds.com

RadioBadger

How would you feel about a weekly 2 hour show playing the best new(and classic)...

..Folk, Roots, Country and similar such music?

I would be able to put in a late(ish) evening show live most weeks, with the occasional recorded show..

uksounds

Thanks for your reply

That should be OK as a format, as long as theres a good mix of old and new.

For now, we're looking for fortnightly recorded shows, which sit on our site until the next one replaces it. This might change later in 2012.

Please send a list of 10 tracks you might play in a show, and we'll need a demo with 4 links between songs - cut out the music and send an MP3 to ian@uksounds.com when you're ready If its a recent show you've done elsewhere in the same format, that'll be fine

Cheers

Ian

RadioBadger

Cheers Ian, I'll knock you one out at the weekend, when I've hopefully shifted this..

...cold, which is RUINING my Sexy Radio Voice ;)

uksounds

Thanks 4 contact

...cold, which is RUINING my Sexy Radio Voice ;)
We've had a great response from various places, including this site, so we have to impose a deadline of 10am Sunday morning 18/12 for consideration for limited vacancies for a January start. Please send in format as above, explaining the type of show you would want to do and that you can meet all our above requirements

email ian@uksounds.com
Look forward to hearing the sexy voice (can it be as good as mine?)