Post a picture of your setup.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We are sure you all have some pretty nifty kit in your homes / studios. It would be interesting to see everyone post up some pictures of their current setup and perhaps list some of their kit they use to broadcast radio shows.

I will start off with Jim's radio setup :

attachment.php

Duo Core Mac Mini + 20" Apple cinema display.
FaderFox DJ2 Midi Module
M-Audio Firewire Audiophile

DJ Software : Traktor DJ Studio
Encoder Software : Nicecast

Attachments

• img_1430 (Modified).jpg
    img_1430 (Modified).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 7,678
D

DiscoDave

Great idea - here's a pic of our studio

We use BPM Studio Pro for our playback of the music. BSI Stinger for jingles, beds, promos etc and Jazler Radio Automation is what we use to provide te music when we're not on air. We use SimpleCast for our encoding.

Attachments

• DSCF2522 (Small).JPG
    DSCF2522 (Small).JPG
    62 KB · Views: 9,603
Last edited by a moderator:

retrofm dj rio

like the set up dave

im just using a basic setup at the moment virtual dj pro for my live shows which i hope to be doing soon and using the auto dj feature for most of broadcasts when im away
retrofm965.com:D

i am wondering though if theres any stations out there that can offer me the best advice or kit to use for live broadcasts

Attachments

• Photo-0002.jpg
    Photo-0002.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,523

retrofm dj rio

quick note

i actually use tracktor dj for live shows when im out and about gigging wasnt aware you could use it for streaming oh well ill check the read me lol
:p

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Traktor DJ Studio does have a built in encoder but it only supports Ogg Vorbis and not MP3. That is why you would use a separate encoder (Nicecast) to stream the audio to your server in MP3.

i actually use tracktor dj for live shows when im out and about gigging wasnt aware you could use it for streaming oh well ill check the read me lol
:p

D

DiscoDave

BPM Studio (the software we use) is a very stable program. Not unlike SAM broadcaster, it features two virtual CD players on your screen, a sample player (for jingles etc) and an archive of your music database at the bottom of the screen. I've been using it since 2001 on and off the road and it is a great piece of software. What I like about it is that you can get multiple channels of using using either a single multi-channel soundcard or separate soundcards. I've never known it to crash and it runs well on Windows 98, 2000 and XP. I think there is now a version out for Vista too. The program is made by Alcatech (German company) and I'd certainly give it a good recommendation.

Attachments

• BPM.gif
    BPM.gif
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,949
Last edited by a moderator:

jaybeedj

My setup

Its only a basic bedroom setup but it does the job. As soon as i create more room then i am looking to expand

Attachments

• DSC00134.jpg
    DSC00134.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 10,346