problems with server?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Harynda,

Please can you explain some more about the problem that you are having? Also what is your accounts username please?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Harynda,

I'm sorry that you were experiencing these problems. I've had a look at our server logs and I can only see that the server went down a few times yesterday. If you did not receive our email or had not seen the forum thread we were performing some planned maintenance yesterday and unfortunately we had a few complications which required some server restarts. https://www.internet-radio.com/comm...h-the-mds-zombieload-cpu-vulnerability.51067/

So apologies for any inconvenience.

topblues

Greetings,
Why has my server been going down so much lately?
Also, I noticed that my broadcast location has changed.
What’s going on?
Regards,
Terry O’
TOPBLUES

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member

topblues

For some reason unknown to me, my server location on your map changed from CA to, looks to be in the midwest somewhere,
showing in the US, on the global map. beats me...

topblues

Got a question, (Media Type : audio/aacp) versus (Media Type : audio/mpeg).
Even at lower bitrate audio/mpeg seems better, cleaner, louder audio. What am I missing here.
With audio/aacp I can't even hook up a player on my website.
So what's the secret O' great tech guru's?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Streaming in AAC provides the same or even better sound quality to Mp3 whilst streaming at a lower bitrate. So as an example, streaming in AAC at 96kbps would sound as good as, if not slightly better than, streaming in Mp3 at 128kbps. So your ears must be deceiving you! Have a read up on AAC, it is definitely a better format.

In the past quite a few media players (and some web browsers - i.e Internet Explorer) did not support AAC very well, but most do nowadays. The HTML5 player provided in your Widgets section supports AAC fine.