Radio POP is seeking quality broadcasters / Presenters to join our brand new team!

Radiopop

We’re currently on the look out for the best On-Air Talent and DJs. We may be fresh to the scene but that doesn’t mean we’ve been sitting on our hands. We’re looking for interactive individuals or teams with personalities and excellent microphone and interpersonal skills.

All of our DJs are volunteers, We play all the Top 40 / Chart hits - Think Capital but without the ads! If you’re enthusiastic, we can teach the rest. It’s not all about the music either, we want to see listener interaction.

The Basics

We don’t discriminate and neither should you, Radio is for all!
  • DJs must have a varied music collection with great emphasis on top40 / chart hits/ New releases.
  • All DJs must have an internet connection with a minimum 256k upload speed, a quality pair of headphones, and a good microphone
  • You will also need a laptop or computer.
  • We encourage our DJs to be free and creative concerning the content of their shows so be prepared to develop your own playlists and ideas
  • We are a United Kingdom based station, our advertising and main based area will be the above therefore all applicants need to be fluent in English.

Radio POP broadcasts 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Potential DJs are to commit themselves to a minimum of 2 hours per week.

Syndicate Shows
We’re open to the idea of syndicated shows however at this time we would only like to receive applications in this area from a UK Top40 Chart Show, Breakfast Show or Drive Time Show.
As a side note - The website is still a work in progress therefore some links may not work, the final design is also subject to change, we’re aiming to launch 10th September.
Thanks very much for reading, if your interested in a role please email: jamie@rpop.co.uk

Radiopop

Why advertise a station premature with no content to look at?
This will turn people away straight up.
Are you licensed?
Hi Sonic and thanks for your message.

Whilst I agree in part with your point I would also point out that probably every station on earth started out with zero presenters and shows, I also believe in my post I’ve made it specificity clear that we are a brand new station.

As for the lack of content I’ve also point out in my post we are a brand new station and as such the website is being updated.

To add to this point launching a station for zero presenters would be a silly idea so I’m trying to over come that.

Lastly regarding licensing, as per our website we’re both PRS and PPL licensed