Radio Station With Listeners

Daniel Martin

HI

I have been a DJ since 2003 and haves a pretty good knowledge of music and a vast music library ... my main problem is the stations iv joined in the past for one reason or another are unable to give me the listeners that I feels I repect and that to me is a disappointment ... you can have a demo off me and judge me from that ... and yes I will join discord only ... no facebook ect ... my music can be from the late 60s to the present day ... two hour playlist if required ... I am available most weekdays from 21:00 UK Time if you are interested in me my email addy is daniel.martin62@hotmail.com

Last edited:

Sonic

Problem is Daniel and I'm not pointing this at you. DJ's say they join a team then do a show and leave.
No support for other DJ's and there shows. This happens so much and is frustrating.
I could offer you a spot back at Sonic, But I have the same problem that frustrates you.

Daniel Martin

I understand what your saying ... I am looking for a listening list of more than just 10 ... I also understand that isn't always going to happen ... but my wish list is that there is a radio station that would respect after listening to my demo that I am the DJ for their radio station and that they will appreciate my skills as a DJ ... (I Rest My Case) If you are interested this where you can contact me daniel.martin62@hotmail.com and I thank you for any interest in my comments on this thread.

IanD

This is an interesting thread as I have empathy with you Daniel and also empathy with the stations. All presenters want a slot at a station with good listening figures, but by and large those stations don't need presenters as their slots are full... of good presenters... which is why they're getting the listeners. The circle goes on. Conversely, newer stations (and terrible stations that may have been around for some time) don't get many listeners because they can't attract 'good' presenters. That cycle goes on too. I don't know which stations you've been on or applied to, but presenters and stations alike should manage their expectations. From what I can see (and I'd be delighted if I'm wrong) even the "big' internet-only stations are getting a few hundred listeners at best, certainly not thousands. Though not ideal if you like the buzz of presenting a live show, there are many excellent synicated shows out there getting decent figures across several stations. Steve James Blues Cafe is a good example. Some of the bigger stations take these syndicated shows because they are so well produced. Have you considered this route? I know of someone who now presents live shows on an FM station having got his foot in the door with a syndicated show. Just a thought. I hope you get fixed up one way or another.

Simulator Vibes

All presenters want a slot at a station with good listening figures, but by and large those stations don't need presenters as their slots are full... of good presenters... which is why they're getting the listeners.
@IanD Not 100% accurate. Our station has only a small team of Presenters but we still manage to keep up with the so called Larger stations.
Alot depends on the style of music the station wishes to play and is the DJ wishes to carry on playing that genre.
No point in a station that plays 80s music letting a DJ play Anime because the 80s listener's will just simply tune out and listen elsewhere.

Mayedd

Having run a station since 2011 I can appreciate all sides of this. I look at it this way - we run these stations as a hobby and present shows as a hobby. Whilst I’d love my station to have 1000s of listeners - I am realistic that it won’t. I have put time, effort (and money) into creating a good system and supporting presenters. We have had the classic situation many times of a presenter that simply turns up once a week, does their show for 2 hours and is then gone for another fortnight! I put the emphasis on the presenter to drive listeners by;
Promoting their show via all social means they can.
Support other presenters shows to build camaraderie which listeners pick up on and like
Interact with listeners both on and off air to create and listening community

When you think that in the UK - community FM stations are lucky if they have 100 listeners on their online streams - with their focused advertising etc it’s not surprising online only stations find it tough.
I simply enjoy what we do as a hobby

IanD

Not 100% accurate. Our station has only a small team of Presenters but we still manage to keep up with the so called Larger stations.
Alot depend R]s on the style of music the station wishes to play and is the DJ wishes to carry on playing that genre.
No point in a station that plays 80s music letting a DJ play Anime because the 80s listener's will just simply tune out and listen elsewhere.
Understand what you're saying, but if you are getting good listening figures, that would suggest you have good presenters, in which case your slots will probably be be full, perhaps with the exception of of daytime.

If there are slots, and you fit this genre Daniel, here's a station for you to contact.

IanD

Having run a station since 2011 I can appreciate all sides of this. I look at it this way - we run these stations as a hobby and present shows as a hobby. Whilst I’d love my station to have 1000s of listeners - I am realistic that it won’t. I have put time, effort (and money) into creating a good system and supporting presenters. We have had the classic situation many times of a presenter that simply turns up once a week, does their show for 2 hours and is then gone for another fortnight! I put the emphasis on the presenter to drive listeners by;
Promoting their show via all social means they can.
Support other presenters shows to build camaraderie which listeners pick up on and like
Interact with listeners both on and off air to create and listening community

When you think that in the UK - community FM stations are lucky if they have 100 listeners on their online streams - with their focused advertising etc it’s not surprising online only stations find it tough.
I simply enjoy what we do as a hobby
Have to say your website looks great. Makes me want to listen!