Rocket-Fuel Radio - My new radio station!

Scott Gibbs

Hey all, just wanted to drop a quick bit of selfish self-promotion. Hope that's okay.

I recently created a radio station through Radionomy called Rocket-Fuel Radio. I mainly play hard rock and metal, but mix in some alternative as well.

I'm still very new at this and am looking forward to communicating on this forum with other noobs and hopefully get some great advice from more "seasoned vets."

Thanks for letting me introduce myself!

Here's a link to my station: https://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/rocket-fuelradio/index

Scott Gibbs

Hello Scott,

I have also 3 stations in Radionomy for a year now...not bad....check out my website ALL TIME GREATEST RADIO
and separately my stations. 60s Chartbusters All Time 70s 80s Greatest 90s All Time Greatest

Just a small advise. Create your own website ;)

Also come and join us at Radionomy group in facebook...very helpful tips and advises there. RADIONOMY GROUP
Thanks for the advice. Yes, I've been looking into creating a very simple website. Thanks for the reply! :)

Hi Scott,

I like that headphone design of yours on the page. Do you go on mic at all to talk?

I've been doing SpiritPlants Radio since 2008, and my own show since 1999. It's very addicting. My advice to you is to keep evolving your project to keep it interesting.

Scott Gibbs

Hi Scott,

I like that headphone design of yours on the page. Do you go on mic at all to talk?

I've been doing SpiritPlants Radio since 2008, and my own show since 1999. It's very addicting. My advice to you is to keep evolving your project to keep it interesting.
Thanks. I found that image in a Google search.

I recorded Station ID's but haven't done any more talking than that. I'm working on adding more.

That's great to hear you've been passionate about doing radio for so long. Thanks for the advice :)

That's how mine started too, Scott, sort of. Back in 2003, SpiritPlants Radio was a collection of people who knew each other via the chat room at spiritplants.com. I had done underground radio in Boston 1999-2002, couple of different stations, but then moved out West for awhile. Came back to Boston area, and nothing was going on, but this online station was. So I hooked in. From 2003 to 2008, people came and went, from all over.

But, eventually, it was just my live 3-hour show on weekends and dead air. The guy hosting the station didn't want to do it anymore, so I had to scrounge for awhile to find other ways. Eventually found Museter.com. Now that my station had a home, and I was raising funds to pay for it, decided to add some other content. At first it was just like stuff from online--jazz, rock, psychedelic lectures, news content--, but eventually other people got into it. They come and go, like any volunteer project, especially one so far-flung around the world.

But I can tell you it's nice to collaborate when possible.

Are you running station 24-7? What broadcasting software do you use? What hosting service?

Scott Gibbs

That's how mine started too, Scott, sort of. Back in 2003, SpiritPlants Radio was a collection of people who knew each other via the chat room at spiritplants.com. I had done underground radio in Boston 1999-2002, couple of different stations, but then moved out West for awhile. Came back to Boston area, and nothing was going on, but this online station was. So I hooked in. From 2003 to 2008, people came and went, from all over.

But, eventually, it was just my live 3-hour show on weekends and dead air. The guy hosting the station didn't want to do it anymore, so I had to scrounge for awhile to find other ways. Eventually found Museter.com. Now that my station had a home, and I was raising funds to pay for it, decided to add some other content. At first it was just like stuff from online--jazz, rock, psychedelic lectures, news content--, but eventually other people got into it. They come and go, like any volunteer project, especially one so far-flung around the world.

But I can tell you it's nice to collaborate when possible.

Are you running station 24-7? What broadcasting software do you use? What hosting service?
I does run 24-7. I've created playlists but the rest of the time the songs are auto-generated. I'm using Radionomy, mainly because it was free to use. I'm brand-new to internet radio so I still have A LOT to learn. Eventually I hope to start adding some original content, besides the couple of station ID's I recorded. This is very much just a hobby at this point, I work full-time, so for now I'm using the easiest methods possible. I still haven't even created my own website, so listeners are few and far between. Radionomy seems like a good format for a beginner, but just having my station available on their website isn't going to attract very many listeners.