Saving setting in rdj to centova

Can any shed any light on the following. Songs saved and edited in rdj Intro and outros trimmed. How can these settings be uploaded to centova please? I don't want upload songs again and start trimming intro and outros all over again. Any help advice appreciated. Thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Tom,

If the intro and outro trimming is only saved within RDJ and not actually applied to the audio files themselves then you will need to manually do this for each file again in a audio editing program such as Audacity before you upload them to Centova. There is no other way of doing this, but if you can export the audio files from RDJ (trimmed) that would save a bit of time but you would have to do this for each track.

Why do you not just stream live from RDJ instead of using the AutoDJ feature? I think the scheduling and automation would be much more advanced than it is with Centova's AutoDJ feature.

Hi Tom,

If the intro and outro trimming is only saved within RDJ and not actually applied to the audio files themselves then you will need to manually do this for each file again in a audio editing program such as Audacity before you upload them to Centova. There is no other way of doing this, but if you can export the audio files from RDJ (trimmed) that would save a bit of time but you would have to do this for each track.

Why do you not just stream live from RDJ instead of using the AutoDJ feature? I think the scheduling and automation would be much more advanced than it is with Centova's AutoDJ feature.

Thanks for the reply. I want my radio station sound slick in 247automation mode. I may do odd show live but prefer if it was automated 247 using rotation. I guess have go back trim each track indivually and then add art cover sounds like big time consuming job. Was sure there was a way round this issue.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
I'm under the impression that RadioDJ is automation software, so you can leave this to run 24/7 by itself once you have created your playlists. To me, it seems pointless using the Centova AutoDJ feature when your encoder already offers this and with more options and advanced features.

I'm under the impression that RadioDJ is automation software, so you can leave this to run 24/7 by itself once you have created your playlists. To me, it seems pointless using the Centova AutoDJ feature when your encoder already offers this and with more options and advanced features.
Can we be clear so say when I use centova and run automatio with radio dj my settings will not have to change.

In other words what my best option. For247autiomation with RDJ. I want to use it as automation set up rotations from centova but by looks of centova u have only got 3catagories for songs?

MedwayRadio

If you are using Radio DJ ( and the same goes for most other playout software) as an auto dj or going live, you don't want the auto dj on Centova active. Therefore all rotations / playlists / events are set up & handled by RDJ. Its output goes to your account as a live stream, what is on that stream is determined by what RDJ is doing.

As support has mentioned playout systems such RDJ, playoutONE, Myriad 5 etc are far more advanced than the Centova Cast auto dj. You just need a reliable PC and internet connection 24/7

If you are using Radio DJ ( and the same goes for most other playout software) as an auto dj or going live, you don't want the auto dj on Centova active. Therefore all rotations / playlists / events are set up & handled by RDJ. Its output goes to your account as a live stream, what is on that stream is determined by what RDJ is doing.

As support has mentioned playout systems such RDJ, playoutONE, Myriad 5 etc are far more advanced than the Centova Cast auto dj. You just need a reliable PC and internet connection 24/7
I hear what you are saying. But I want to use RDJ with centova as I don't have Internet connection 247. Its just I don't want look my markers in radio dj but if I have do it all over again in centova be long process. Any feed back appreciated. Thanks

MedwayRadio

Don't think you can add markers such as start intro outro end on a track anyway in Centova Cast. I believe but not 100% sure, RDJ stores these markers in its own database not in the audio file as metadata

Can I ask your advice please. I want to go thú host with radio dj for automation 24 7. Any ideas best options I'm based in Ireland on small budget. Thanks for all your imput. Appreciated.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Don't think you can add markers such as start intro outro end on a track anyway in Centova Cast. I believe but not 100% sure, RDJ stores these markers in its own database not in the audio file as metadata

No you can't unfortunately. And yes all of this is stored within RDJ and not within the files actual meta-data.

Can we be clear so say when I use centova and run automatio with radio dj my settings will not have to change.

No, your settings would not need to change.