For more information, contact:
Tracy Morris, Director of Artist Development
10,000 Hours Music-Atlanta
tenthousandhoursforyou@gmail.com
www.tenthousandhoursmusic.com
SLYCE’S NEW RELEASE THE SORROW EPITOMIZES MANS DESIRE TO SUCCEED AND THE CONFLICT OF NOT LOSING WHO YOU ARE IN THE PROCESS

APRIL 12, 2016 (Atlanta, Georgia) – Due to release on April 25th, Rahmad Hawkins aka Slyce’s The Sorrow is a deeply meaningful story about a man’s struggle to find himself. According to Slyce,“The Sorrow is about striving for your goals, going through different obstacles and overcoming them but always remembering where you started.”Slyce places a lot of emphasis on lyrics in his writing. “Lyrics are very important because it gives me an outlet to express myself and I choose to paint the picture with words,” Slyce muses. He was inspired by poets such as Maya Angelo and Langston Hughes that gave him a deeper prospective into the thoughts of people. It’s not surprising that Rahmad’s music is meaningful.He comes from a long line of soulful family musicians.His father was recently inducted into the Buffalo Music Hall of Fame and is Process from Process and the Doo Rags.His aunt is R&B jazz great Dodo Green. And his Godfather is none other than the great Rick James.“Meaningful music is what I was raised on.” says Slyce. “It touches the soul and breaks the barriers in terms of connecting with people all over the world.” Rahmad is a versatile artist because he was brought up on a large variety of music. “I’m soulful, authentic, classic and raw.I grew up with everything from Naughty by Nature to Earth, Wind & Fire, Michael Jackson, Kiss and Ice Cube.If it was good music, I listened to it”
Slyce married young with two kids and one on the way. He draws from personal experiences in The Sorrow. Much of it stems from becoming successful and losing sight of what is important to you and having to learn the hard way.The hook in the song, “I just want to feel the sunshine,” sums up the overall theme of the song of making your way back after inevitability messing up. For example the lyric, “walked into my Grandma’s crib with brand new chains, feeling good, coming back in the hood just to tell the truth…till I saw the hole in my grandmas roof,” talked about worldly desires versus family values.The character in the story based on real life was so proud to have the money to spend on chains but then realized he should have taken care of his family’s needs first.Slyce also talks about the struggles of marriage today, “I married you but you married social media.”These themes he talks about in his lyrics are highly relatable to the problems many young people face today.
Slyce can be reached on Twitter at @slyc3music and you can link to his website through www.tenthousandhoursmusic.com.The song will be available on iTunes, Amazon, and various streaming sites.

LINK TO THE SONG: https://m.soundcloud.com/tracy-morris-592572657/slyce-the-sorrow-mastered?in=tracy-morris-592572657/sets/10-000-hours-music-atlanta-new