Some pre-sale questions...

Hi.

I've been doing some research about live broadcasting but there are a few things I need to know before I buy.

Our pro wrestling radio show is currently pre-recorded. We record the show in Adobe Audition and add all the jingles, interviews and effects later then upload it to iTunes.

We want to take our show live following the closure of the Ministry of Slam, one of our competitors. They used the exact same system but obviously their presenter will not tell me how it works.

Would it be possible to record a live show, then play our ad jingles and show intros live and more importantly can we integrate it with Skype to take guest callers? This is what they had.

One extra thing I'd like to know, is can you record the show aswell as streaming it live to put up on iTunes afterward for people that might have missed it?

Thank you in advance.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Dean,

Thanks for your interest in our services and welcome to the forums. 8)

Most live stream encoding software has the ability to record a live show to your computer at the same time as it is streaming this live to a stream server. You can then use this recording for either podcasts or other automated playback at a later date if you wish.

And yes, you could also use Skype for live on air callers.

We hope this helps? Please just let us know if you have any more questions or if there is anything that we can assist you with at all, thank you. :)

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your interest in our services and welcome to the forums. 8)

Most live stream encoding software has the ability to record a live show to your computer at the same time as it is streaming this live to a stream server. You can then use this recording for either podcasts or other automated playback at a later date if you wish.

And yes, you could also use Skype for live on air callers.

We hope this helps? Please just let us know if you have any more questions or if there is anything that we can assist you with at all, thank you. :)

Firstly, thank you for your swift response. It's much appreciated. Secondly, which of the encoders would you recommend for my uses?

We want a simple open and close show jingle, a quick ad break in the middle and a few sound indents perhaps in the show and lastly as alreay mentioned, Skype function. One thing to note, is we are running on a MAC.

Would we need any additional equipment or would a mic suffice?

Thanks again.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
No problem at all. Happy to help.

The following beginners guide may be of some assistance to you: http://forum.internet-radio.com/guides/12168-beginners-guide-internet-radio.html

Essentially, all the basic equipment that you will require for this is your Mac, a fairly decent soundcard and your microphone. And although it is not essential, a small mixing desk might be an idea if you are using a microphone for more hands on control of it whilst live on air. It would make talk-overs and volume control a lot easier.

We would personally recommend the BUTT encoder which is Mac compatible:

http://forum.internet-radio.com/gui...t-encoder-both-shoutcast-icecast-servers.html
butt - broadcast using this tool

Nicecast is also pretty good for Mac and has a lot more features: Rogue Amoeba | Nicecast: Broadcast Any Audio To The Internet, Right From Mac OS X

:)