Stations On This Site

MBA

Hi All.

Now Reciva database is dead I need to find a new internet bedside clock/radio.

I wondered which internet clock/radio's could access the database of stations found here on "Internet Radio.com"?

I live in the UK.

Is there a list of what radios use which databases somewhere?

Cheers
MBA

boxfrank

15 years ago we got DSL in our little village. Because of I hate stupid talking and advertisements from local radio-stations, I bought an internet-radio-box with WLAN. After a few years the radio-database was down, and it was not possible to put in streaming-links manually.

The expensive internet-radio-box was completely useless now :mad:

Today I use a (small) older mobile phone with (free) VLC-Player installed as internet-radio. At home (WLAN) it´s conneced to a Bluetooth-speaker, for jogging i have a Bluetooth-headset and in my car I have a Bluetooth-radio.

A cheap prepaid-card with internet gives me 100MB highspeed a month for 2 Euros. After this, the speed is 64kbps until the next month begins.

I only listen to radio-streams which use Apple´s modern AACplus-codec (48kbps HE-AAC).

For example:

online-radio.eu

shows you the bitrate for every listed radio-station.

Last edited:

MBA

Hi Boxfrank.

I like your idea, but I love clock/radios I guess.
They seem to have always been in my life.

My new idea is to buy a internet radio with which you can enter your own HTTP address of
the stations I like from here.
I believe Roberts radios allow this.

It would be good to know which manufacturers use which databases though.

Thanks for your time here.

Cheers
MBA

boxfrank

Try to get a clock-radio with WLAN and Android-OS. If you are lucky, you can install an Android-player like VLC.

MBA

Hi Boxfrank
Its all getting a bit technical for me, Im not sure what Im looking for.
I just want a internet radio which I can access and add stations by adding the stream URL like the one I have.

I even emailed Roberts Radios today and their answer was just to buy one of their radios.
Hey what a surprise...lol

Cheers
MBA