Streaming problem

Good morning,
This is my first post on this Forum but have been using this excellent site over the years to locate online stations to listen to.

About 2 years ago I discovered a station on this portal in the smooth jazz category named 'The Coast FM' based in Sorrento Italy broadcasting at 160kbps. I love it and it has been my default listening station ever since. Last December '23 something strange started to happen on the stream. After listening for about 7-8 minutes the stream would 'skip' for a few seconds and repeat this every minute or so. Cancel the stream and the process repeats itself. I should stress that this is not an issue with my ISP as a friend gets the same issue on his internet radio. I went to the website to alert the broadcaster but they are not responding. Last entry on their FB page was in 2021. They also have a licence to broadcast in DAB. So I contacted the Italian DAB provider and they confirmed that this station is now not on the local Sorrento multiplex. I was hoping that they would have a line of communication with the radio station owner but unfortunately not.

I am at a loss as to where to go next. Is there a way via this portal to communicate with the stations ISP server in Italy to relay the problem? Presumably the station owner has to pay for this service which is not being fulfilled? I have not contacted my UK ISP provider because I'm assuming there is nothing they can do as its coming from an external source. Any assistance really would be appreciated.

Do you still have issues playing from their server directly here: http://95.211.3.65:9235/index.html?sid=1
Thank you for your response. Alas the same issue with intermittent break up of the stream. The URL that I originally downloaded from this portal was as follows: http://95.211.3.65:9235/listen.pls?sid=1 so virtually the same.
Most of the time I stream through my Cambridge streamer which just locks on to the URL it picks up. It's really bizarre because the station still carries up to the minute news bulletins on the half hour!
For the record I did contact EE my ISP provider who have an excellent technical support team but as anticipated were powerless to address the issue as it's an external stream. I can't help thinking that this is akin to a derelict Pirate radio ship still broadcasting without any personnel lol.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
I left an mtr trace running over the last few days and I haven't seen any packet loss to that IP so it doesn't look like there's any issue with that side of the network. Strange...

I left an mtr trace running over the last few days and I haven't seen any packet loss to that IP so it doesn't look like there's any issue with that side of the network. Strange...
Have you tried listening to the stream? It takes about 7-8 minutes before the drop out starts. Is there a way of identifying the stream server to contact them directly?

An update to the above streaming issue. Back to normal. No drop out in the stream at least for the last couple of days. Fingers crossed!

I don't know about other members on this site but finding the right online radio station for myself is akin to finding a habitable exoplanet in the universe. Thousands (maybe not millions lol) to choose from but the music of your choice even within a specific genre has to be right. No commercial breaks. No presenters who like the sound of their own voice. A decent (reliable!) stream ideally with a high bitrate. This portal site is the equivalent of a powerful telescope to which I am very grateful. My 'planet' is now back in regular orbit :)