Streamproblems with Reciva

hokke

I have a Reciva Internetradio. On certain stations as Baroque aorund the clock I often get the message "stream ended." But i can receive other station. What does stream ended means? It sometimes comes back..

Has this station been shut off for me? And Why?
And when buying internetradios.How Do I find out which receiver receives what? I also have Philips and Sand:(ström and they receives different stations. Is it possible to sign upp stations an all Internetradios so I can get what I want?

hokke

P.S.

When i pull out the power cable to the Reciva receiver around the clock starts working again. Should i really have to pull out the power cable to get it to work??

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We are afraid that we have no experience with 'Reciva Radio's'. We can only recommend that you contact Reciva's customer support for help with this. :)

Ben Terrell

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are getting stream ended with this station. Which make of radio do you own?
Also can I confirm that this is the Netherlands station Baroque around the clock you are referring to? We will look at this station and see if we can repeat/fix the problem.

All Reciva radios have the ability to add your personal streams and stations. First register your radio at https://radios.reciva.com/ then you will get access to the My Stuff menu, and you can "manage My Stuff" on the website including adding your own stream for which you will need the stream url.

In future please send your stations problems by email to info@reciva.com and we will investigate.

Regards,

Ben

Bob Paragon

"Stream ended" typically means .....

Stream ended can mean a variety of things depending on your platform. It can mean that the 'stream' has in fact come to an end. It can mean your wifi connection dropped or is intermittent. It can mean your router is dead. When that happens I typically go up the latter to the previous selection or two and try again. If that fails. I start again to look for the signal. If that fails .. I reboot the iRadio. If that fails I investigate the Router itself. Which rarely happens, I must say. For me, normally its a signal blip. and rarely the "stream ending" Let us know what you find out.
I have a Reciva Internet radio. On certain stations as Baroque aorund the clock I often get the message "stream ended." But i can receive other station. What does stream ended means? It sometimes comes back.. Has this station been shut off for me? And Why? And when buying internet radios.How Do I find out which receiver receives what? I also have Philips and Sand:(ström and they receives different stations. Is it possible to sign upp stations an all Internet radios so I can get what I want?

Bob Paragon

Cord Pull = Reboot

When you pull the power cord, it's equivalent to rebooting your iRadio system. I rarely do it. But if running software gets gummed up, as occasionally happens with my Sanyo R227. It's the only solution left.
When i pull out the power cable to the Reciva receiver around the clock starts working again. Should i really have to pull out the power cable to get it to work??

bamboman

Pulling off the power cable takes system reboot of that machine. Or you can call customer service of reciva.