2. Radiochristmas Radio

3. Classic Rock Florida - SHE Radio

4. Your Christmas Station

5. Smooth Jazz Florida

6. Santa Radio.co.uk

16x16-playlist-winamp.png

8. Magic 80s Florida

9. Radio X-MAS

10. Ambient Radio .org - Deeply Beautiful Chillout Music - A Heavenly World of Sound

11. Forever Christmas Radio

12. Easy Hits Florida

13. The Mix Radio Christmas

14. Motown Magic Oldies

15. Classic Rock Miami HD

16x16-playlist-winamp.png

17. MEGATON CAFE RADIO

18. Blues Radio

19. Holly FM Christmas Holiday Season

20. Smooth Jazz CD101.9 New York

We calculate the Top 20 by amount of tune in's on our website for the month. Congratulations to all the stations involved.

See Top 20 Radio Stations - November 2016 for last months results.

Stevy6

7 and 16 secret??? So the figures on the page are for people only tuned via the site! What about all the listeners connected via the likes of android apps and direct from the stations website or web apps etc , is there a way of calculating that?

Demo

We calculate the Top 20 by amount of tune in's on our website for the month
So No Stevy6. They will always put forward stations hosted by them first (Even with very low listeners) Money talks you know what I mean ;)
If you don't pay for hosting with them then you really stand no chance of getting on the Top 20.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Actually, there are stations in that list that do not host with us. For example, http://www.internet-radio.com/station/santaradio/ is not one of our own clients. As it states, the list is calculated by the amount of tune in's via our own website for the month.

7 and 16 are not "secret" either! This is just where the stations are now no longer streaming when the list was automated (in this case, most likely two Xmas related stations) and therefore their station titles/links are unfortunately missing from the list.

Stevy6

Apologies, I used the word secret as a "tongue in cheek" jokey way.

So are the figures on your list when you select genre calculated the same way? I often search your "game" category. Just based on connections via this website and not the actual listener counts for a station.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
When you browse a genre page the results are by default sorted by the "featured" stations as the first results. These "featured" stations are based on an algorithm that takes into account many factors to produce a rank (kind of like how a search engine ranks web pages in it's index). You can also sort the list by the "bitrate" with all the higher quality streams listed first, or by "Listeners" which has the stations with the most listeners listed first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevy6

So if I select by listener count. That's overall connected or just connected via internet radio.com,

So is there a way I can see the actual listener count opposed to connection from here!

I often connect when I'm on air to see how many are tuned in. But if it's only connected via this website then it seems like a pointless stat.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
When you sort by listener count it's overall connected from anywhere. Not tune-ins from the site. Hope this helps explain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.