Total Novice

Retfordguy

Hi everyone, ok im a complete novice when it comes to Internet Radio Broadcasting, so I intend to leave that aspect to some one more qualified, but and for now if at all possible I would like to pick the brains of some of you more experienced guys.

Starting from complete scratch, what type of system would you reccomend to set up for Internet Broadcasting, i understand some can only cater for a specific amount of listeners so Im looking for something able to take lots.

What kind of licences are required to broadcast music and where do I apply for them.

Any other relevant information would really be appreciated. Please mail me direct.

familyhousegroup@aol.com

Thanks Guys :)

fringradio

Hi everyone, ok im a complete novice when it comes to Internet Radio Broadcasting, so I intend to leave that aspect to some one more qualified, but and for now if at all possible I would like to pick the brains of some of you more experienced guys.

Starting from complete scratch, what type of system would you reccomend to set up for Internet Broadcasting, i understand some can only cater for a specific amount of listeners so Im looking for something able to take lots.

What kind of licences are required to broadcast music and where do I apply for them.

Any other relevant information would really be appreciated. Please mail me direct.

familyhousegroup@aol.com

Thanks Guys :)

Take a look about the forum as i done a post about Licences.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
There is a post about licenses in the FAQ :
FAQ - Internet Radio Forum

Starting from scratch a recommended server would be a Shoutcast server with 128 kbps (near cd quality) and 100 listeners. We can increase the listener count if you require at a later date for no extra cost. As our servers are sold on a pay as you go basis you can start this for a minimum payment of £5 for 10 GB of listener bandwidth.

retrofm dj rio

hi there family house

i too am all new to this but as support points out you can set up for as little as £5 i myself have gone for 56kps stream with 100 listeners that gives me 22gb which is ideal for myself as i am currently only broadcasting at weekends ive also invested in the auto dj feature which for 1gb for 10 quid is sufficent for me as i just swop and change my music content to keep the playlists fresh each wk end as for the license issue if you look around the posts fringradio has posted links within one of the forums to enable you to obtain all the relevant info i found this very handy myself so thanks for that fring