track name not fully showing?

TheHitManRadio

Hi, some of my music tracks do not show all my track info, such as year at the end of the track name, evan though this is in the file name.

also if i try and add more infromation after the track name it saves ok in centova but it sill wont always show this information when the track plays!

This is hit and miss as some tracks do show the extra details i add to end of track name in the internet radio player but most do not show this only the track name with no year!

please help...

thanx

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi TheHitmaRadio,

You need to make sure this information is embedded in the files ID3 meta-data tags rather than just in the filename.

TheHitManRadio

Hi, so what is the track details button for in media when you click on a track it lets you change details. i thought the information showing in the playlist say heavy rotation would be the information showing in any player? Also if i check the track info in my shoutcast server it shows the full track details correctly!

Does this mean if i upload a track without say the year listed in the track name if i go to media then the track details and add the year this is pointless as it wont show is that correct?

To get any of my tracks to show extra details does this mean i need to reupload all tracks again with this information already in the mp3 or can i change and add more details after i have already uploaded my mp3's to Centova cast

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ideally you would want to ensure that your files already have this information embedded in them before you upload them to the server to prevent any such issues.

But I would suggest renaming the files again under the 'Files' section of your control panel as they still show the original file names and their track numbers there and then re-adding them to your playlists. I can see that you have only edited the 'Track Details' under the 'Media' section when you right click on a file.