Unable to add Genres to Mount Points > Genre Override field

KieranCloud

Im having trouble getting Genres to populate in the Mount Points > Genre Override field. I enter them in and select the Update button. I then stop and start the server, but the field goes blank. I am using AutoDJ and it is playing with no issue. Right now, my radio station shows Mixed Genre and I have no idea where that is coming from. I am not using software, just AutoDJ.

Any help is appreciated.

Kieran

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Cheers, I've fixed the issue for you by entering the genres into your server raw configuration file.

We'll need to take a look into why the control panels genre settings aren't working for you, but this seems to be an issue with the latest version of Centovacast.

KieranCloud

You're welcome!
Hello again, my internet-radio gods. *pays homage*

I recently made an update to my server settings, on the Stream tab, the other day.. well, I noticed I lost listeners over the last day or so and was starting to get concerned. When I looked at my station, the genre switched back to "mixed genre." I am not sure if it was because I made the changes on the Stream tab, but it is the only thing I can think of that I did. Can you please update raw config file for me again?

Genre should be: PsyTrance Psy Trance House Electronic Alternative Rock

Kieran ^_^

KieranCloud

Thank you so much. I verified I see them and I have listeners again! Thanks again.
They disappeared again. I updated my web player from Centracast to JPlayer because I want my listeners to have it play automatically.. well, that works but now I am back to Mixed Genre again. Can you please update my raw config file again?

Also, is there any news on a permanent fix?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ok, I've fixed this again for you.

No not yet, we are looking into this. Are you familiar with editing the raw configuration file in Centovacast? I can give you access to this file in the meantime so that you can re-add your genres if you make any more changes to your configuration settings.

It seems the issue here is that everytime you update your settings it overwrites the liquidsoap (AutoDJ) config files previous settings.

KieranCloud

Ok, I've fixed this again for you.

No not yet, we are looking into this. Are you familiar with editing the raw configuration file in Centovacast? I can give you access to this file in the meantime so that you can re-add your genres if you make any more changes to your configuration settings.

It seems the issue here is that everytime you update your settings it overwrites the liquidsoap (AutoDJ) config files previous settings.
I am not, but I am willing to learn. I can always make a backup copy of the file before I edit it. Can you tell me how to access it?

Thanks!

KieranCloud

Ok, drop us an email at support@internet-radio.com and I can talk you through this.
FYI – I went ahead and emailed that address that you provided. Thank you for your assistance. For some reason it reverted back to mixed genre again. I did not make any changes this time so I’m not sure what’s going on. If you can do the needful I would appreciate it. In the meantime, I’ll wait for a response via the email. Thanks again.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thanks Kieran, I'm replying back to your email at the moment.

Yes, I had to restart your server after giving you permission to access your servers raw config file. I left it in place as 'Mixed Genres' so that you can see how to edit this yourself as per my emails instructions that I'm about to send.