Upload?

Synergy

I have a strange problem. My net upload is 2mbit, torrent etc upload perfect no problem, but when it comes to edcast, uploading at 128 it struggles. I get buffers and drop outs etc.

Is it my net or the server? LAN streams are perfect but I am having terrible problems with my shoutcast. Would changing to an ice cast make a difference? I signed up for a 5r just to see what it was like but its not doing much for me so far.

Any input appreciated.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Synergy

Have you turned off your torrents while you are streaming ? Internet Radio streaming is very sensitive to network issues especially when running programs (like torrents) that use a lot of upstream bandwidth. From your emails it also appears you might have been trying to stream above your max bitrate. We have increased your bitrate as requested to accommodate this. If you want to dig deeper into where the issues is then please look at this thread in the forum and email (contact@internet-radio.org.uk) us a report :

http://forum.internet-radio.org.uk/guides/535-how-use-mtr-tool-analyse-network-problems.html

Synergy

Hi i tried it in a friends and it seems fine with his net so its the net at my end. I will switch tomorrow. OR at least get them to fix it.