VOICE OF THE MOUNTAINS COUNTRY RADIO

morganrow

QUESTION-WHY IS IT WHEN I'M ON-LIVE--IN THE MORNINGS--I'LL BE PLAYING A SONG--THEN IT JUMPS TO AND AUTO DJ SONG AND BACK AGAIN TO THE ONE I'M PLAYING??--NOW AT NIGHT WHEN I'M ON AIR--LIVE--ALSO--I DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM

THANK YOU

Sonic

95% of the time this is your connection dropping briefly due to ISP loads in prime time or your on a Wi-Fi connection.
If your on Wi-Fi try to get a direct wire connection to the router. Reboot your router often.
If that's not possible lower your encoder format rate to say 64kb/s. The server will still send your output at default 128 or what ever you have it set on. If that works ok then experiment and try 96kb/s.
Server side, on some control panels there is a buffer timer that can be set to try and stop interruptions.
This can also happen when your talking and changing to the next song. Try to use the lock talk an start the song then turn mic off.

BTW I think your caps lock button is stuck :p

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi morganrowe,

Sonic has already explained this well and given good advice for a solution.

This is essentially where your connection is dropping possibly due to packet loss on your network, so the server is defaulting back to the AutoDJ (as it should) when there is no live source connected. You should try using an ethernet cable if you can rather than streaming over wifi. Lowering the bitrate will also make a big difference.

Sonic

Thank you Admin, this problem happens so much but is not talked about.
Dj's instantly blame the server and most of the time this is not the case.
Mike maybe change the topic to connection drop outs so people can find this issue easy on searches.
Just an idea.

Last edited: