We need your feedback!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We are always looking to improve our websites and we need you to let us know your feedback. These can be bugs, feature requests or anything about the site that makes you :) or :(.

darzo78

Minicaster

Hi Guys,

Just want to say new forum is a great idea and look forward to reading future posts regarding internet radio. As a suggestion I was wondering if it would be possible to include a tutorial on how to install and use the new FMP Minicaster to allow users to stream their radio.

Cheers

Darren

D

DiscoDave

The forum is a good idea I agree.

Feedback re-the actual directory - it is rather slow to update with current listeners - sometimes it can be about 10 minutes behind. I suspect there's technical reasons for this, but just wondered if anything could be done to speed this up a bit?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback Dave. Yes we have had to be careful with our update frequency because of the load involved in keeping hundreds of radio stations up to date. We have made some recent improvements to the code. As of now the data should be at worst 5 minutes out of date. We will run it like this and see how it goes. Previously it was updating within 15 minutes. Let us know if you notice an improvement.

The forum is a good idea I agree.

Feedback re-the actual directory - it is rather slow to update with current listeners - sometimes it can be about 10 minutes behind. I suspect there's technical reasons for this, but just wondered if anything could be done to speed this up a bit?

D

DiscoDave

Yeah it certainly seems to be updating a lot quicker now. Keep up the good work...8)

fringradio

I think that the ability to update the number of listeners you want and the stream bit rate would be brilliant! Other than that its brilliant!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback fringradio. As it stands email us if you need it changed and we will most likely have this done within 24 hours. We are hoping to have the ability for this to be updated yourself in the future.

I think that the ability to update the number of listeners you want and the stream bit rate would be brilliant! Other than that its brilliant!

analoguetrash

I think the only feature not provided i'd like to see would be a widget that, where you have a recent or current trackslist on a website it'll pull artwork from Amazon by itself and set up an affiliate link for you. I know something similar is doable but wouldn't know where to start.

So far i've not had the patience to upload artwork manually for all the stuff on analoguetrash!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We have now enabled the pull of artwork from amazon. Im not sure how well this will work unless the track name is labelled up correctly etc... Lets run with it and see what happens :)

Thanks for the feedback :nerd:

I think the only feature not provided i'd like to see would be a widget that, where you have a recent or current trackslist on a website it'll pull artwork from Amazon by itself and set up an affiliate link for you. I know something similar is doable but wouldn't know where to start.

So far i've not had the patience to upload artwork manually for all the stuff on analoguetrash!

fringradio

Thanks for the feedback fringradio. As it stands email us if you need it changed and we will most likely have this done within 24 hours. We are hoping to have the ability for this to be updated yourself in the future.

Thanks for the update! :)

D

DiscoDave

I'd like to ask a question about the User Agent info that shows up in the View Current Listeners section of the control panel.

I've noticed that for some reason Windows Media Player shows up as Nemesis Player, as does any listeners who use the Pure Evoke Flow Internet Radio. Can you please advise why this is the case?

Pearson Dragg

Hi, I was surprise for the new look... It look ok, and simple. But before when I click on WinAmp Icon, it play the music with BSPlayer it was ok and perfect. Now with the new look with the play Button nothing play, nothing open??? Do I miss something, or I'm stupid???

I'm using Windows 7 ultimate... Show me the way... Thank You

tos636

Can you tell me how to get a radio station added? My wife and I fell in love with WKXN / WKXK out of fort deposit Alabama. It is a very good station.
Please consider getting them added.