• Opera

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Chrome

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We are interested to guage what browsers everyone is using. We could check out stats out but it would be more interesting to get a debate going with the stats too.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
We @ iR all use firefox for our browsing and generally don't care much for IE. We obviously make sure all our pages are IE compatible but its a headache as some of you might have notice the other day ;)

Any opinions ?

fringradio

IE should be banned or they should bring it up to the standard of the others so you dont need to keep trying new sheet styles to get it to work in IE. Im glad they have removed it from Windows 7!

I use safari on Mac as its the best for it, FF kept crashing. Chrome on PC as it owns all the others! :nerd: :D

Quicker people boycott IE the better the internet will be! :smirk:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Quicker people boycott IE the better the internet will be! :smirk:

100% Agreed :)

The problem is that people without much knowledge look for the 'Internet' icon and go straight for IE. They think Internet Explorer is the Internet. :headbang:

As you say though Windows 7 gives the user an option on what to install when they set this up. I think this partially came about because the an EU ruling against Microsoft regarding monopolising the browser by installing it by default. Lets hope this makes for a better web. :clap:

fringradio

100% Agreed :)

The problem is that people without much knowledge look for the 'Internet' icon and go straight for IE. They think Internet Explorer is the Internet. :headbang:

As you say though Windows 7 gives the user an option on what to install when they set this up. I think this partially came about because the an EU ruling against Microsoft regarding monopolising the browser by installing it by default. Lets hope this makes for a better web. :clap:

I agree! If M$ stuck with the web standards I wouldn't complain! There's lots of things I want to add some fancy new feature to only find that it doesn't work in IE. :mad::(

rollinradio

Browser Issues

Firefox all the time even though my own website will not display the flash work properly, seems to rearrange it where it wants lol.

Saying that internet explorer displays fine ?

Anyone got any idea's ?

You will see what I mean if you view my shout and webcam page on both browsers

RollinRadio

I notice the player icons that came from Internet-radio code snipets only display properly on internet explorer.

Attachments

• RollinRadio Logo Firefox.jpg
    RollinRadio Logo Firefox.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,268
  • RollinRadio Logo Internet exp.jpg
    RollinRadio Logo Internet exp.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,219

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Thats strange your code snippets display perfectly on my firefox here. I wonder if this is an issue with your copy of firefox. Perhaps a security setting or something ?