Why did the radio station's genre itself change to (unspecified)?

belradio123

Hello. I used to ask to change the genre of the radio station. You have changed, some time has passed, I look at the genre again (unspecified). From our side, we did nothing. Why the genre changed from Christian Radio to unspecified is not clear.
Please correct to Christian. And when will it be possible to change genres on your own?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi belradio123,

I can see that you have created the Shoutcast authhash for your stream, so to amend the genres you'll need to login to your shoutcast.com account and change the settings from within there for the authhash as that overrides any of the settings you have set up within your control panel as can be seen here: http://de1.internet-radio.com:8173/index.html?sid=1

belradio123

Hi belradio123,

I can see that you have created the Shoutcast authhash for your stream, so to amend the genres you'll need to login to your shoutcast.com account and change the settings from within there for the authhash as that overrides any of the settings you have set up within your control panel as can be seen here: http://de1.internet-radio.com:8173/index.html?sid=1
Why is this not a coincidence? It shows so there, so here. I'm already confused and don't know what to do.

1675068074523.png

1675068130538.png

1675068207862.png

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes, that is strange that the genre shows on the Shoutcast directories even though your servers status page shows this as being 'Unspecified'. Something does seem to be wrong with your authhash settings as the stream title is also displayed as question marks. There may be a character encoding issue with that.

It might be worth you deleting that authhash and recreating it again from scratch. You may also need to get in contact with the shoutcast.com support team to see if they can work out why this is being displayed like that and why the genre is not reflected on your status page (which is where we get your stream details from for your listing in our directory).

belradio123

Yes, that is strange that the genre shows on the Shoutcast directories even though your servers status page shows this as being 'Unspecified'. Something does seem to be wrong with your authhash settings as the stream title is also displayed as question marks. There may be a character encoding issue with that.

It might be worth you deleting that authhash and recreating it again from scratch. You may also need to get in contact with the shoutcast.com support team to see if they can work out why this is being displayed like that and why the genre is not reflected on your status page (which is where we get your stream details from for your listing in our directory).
Contacted shoutcast technical support. 2 weeks have passed, no response.
If I create a new authorization hash and start again from scratch, will the STREAMS address change? Will I have to reconfigure flows?

1676371240890.png

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
I was referring to your question:

If I create a new authorization hash and start again from scratch, will the STREAMS address change? Will I have to reconfigure flows?

I meant that your stream URL with us will not change if you were to create a new authhash and start again from scratch. Nothing would need to be reconfigured.