Boppin' With Beth (syndicated show)

James Riley

Hi Beth from BIG AL K IN THE ROCK CAPITOL OF THE WORLD CLEVELAND OHIO. I'm glad you reminded me of Nielson Smielson I had the album your featuring & another one as well. One of my favorites on there was Kojack Columbo I still remember the lyrics & it was quite funny to listen to. Keep up the good work. Love Big Al.
Code:
Thanks for the kind words and thanks for listening!

James Riley

American folk and blues singer, guitarist and songwriter Tom Rush is the "Focus Beam" artist on this week's Boppin' With Beth. Hear about his over 60 year career along with a couple of songs from his stellar catalog (including one from his NEW album). There's songs from influences and peers too including Pete Seeger, The Weavers, Gene Vincent, Josh White, Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Jonathan Edwards, Garth Brooks and Matt Nakoa. Beth's Bop Of The Week is from a newly released fan favorite by BoDeans! Jammin' James Riley has a track by Link Wray in Hang Ten! Hear episode HERE:

James Riley

The late, great rockabilly legend Charlie Feathers is the "focus beam" artist on this episode of Boppin' With Beth. Hear about his career as well as a couple of rocking tracks from his discography. Plus, there's tunes from influences and peers including Junior Kimbrough, Bill Monroe & The Blue Grass Boys, Hank Williams, Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins and artists he influenced such as The Cramps, Tav Falco's Panther Burns and Alex Chilton. Beth's Bop Of The Week is a recent rocker from Jared Petteys & The Headliners. I've got a track from Eddie & The Showmen. There's also songs from Daria, Mario Monterosso, Big Star and Tall Poppy Syndrome! Hear episode HERE:

https://boppinwithbeth.blogspot.com/2024/03/charlie-feathers-focus-beam-on-boppin.html

James Riley

American country artist Brady Seals is the "focus beam" artist on this new episode of @boppinwithbeth ! Hear about his career, his time in bands including Little Texas, Hot Apple Pie (including a full song of theirs) and others and a couple of solo tunes from his discography. There's tunes from some of his influences including Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Dobie Gray, Tom Petty and family members, Dan Seals of England Dan & John Ford Coley, Shenandoah (with cousin Jim Seales), Jim Seals of Seals & Crofts and Troy Seals. Beth's Bop Of The Week is from Jellyfish! I've got a tune from The Boss Martians in Hang Ten and we hear Eli Young Band & George Birge cover a Little Texas classic too. The outro music is an instrumental tune by Jim Seales! Hear episode HERE:

James Riley

We take a trip to the record shop for another Beth's Crate Digging Extravaganza on this new episode of Boppin' With Beth! The spotlight is on The Rolling Stones' album "Aftermath" from 1966. The US version is the one highlighted. We dig into the whole album with 2 full songs and snippets of the others. Hear covers of tunes from the US version by Vanessa Carlton, Susanna Hoffs, Hollis Brown, Darrell Bath, Bloodshot Bill, Swamp Rats and Them. There's also a cover of a tune that is on the UK version of the album by the Ramones. Beth's Bop Of The Week is a new track by Jesse Brewster. I've got a classic from The Challengers in Hang Ten. Plus, there's new releases by Austin John and The Bacon Brothers as well! Hear episode HERE:

https://boppinwithbeth.blogspot.com/2024/04/beths-crate-digging-extravaganza.html

James Riley

American rock band Semisonic is the "focus beam" artist for this new hour of Boppin' With Beth. Hear songs from some of their influences including Big Star, The Beatles, The Connells, The Clash, Bob Dylan, Carole King and The Beach Boys. You'll hear about their career, a couple of tracks from their discography (including their 2023 album), their previous band Trip Shakespeare and a solo track from Dan Wilson. Beth's Bop Of The Week is the latest from LLC. I've got a tune from Mark Malibu & The Wasagas in Hang Ten and Fastball ends the show! Hear it HERE:

https://boppinwithbeth.blogspot.com/2024/04/semisonic-focus-beam-on-boppin-with.html

James Riley

American rock band Kansas is the "focus beam" artist on this new Boppin' With Beth. Hear about their career, member changes and a couple of rockin' tracks from their discography. There's songs from some of their influences including Yes, Genesis, The Yardbirds, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Deep Purple, Mott The Hoople and The Beach Boys. Beth's Bop Of The Week is a new tune from Otis. I've got a song by The Hondells in Hang Ten. Kerry Livgren's band from the 80's called AD closes out the show. Hear episode HERE:

https://boppinwithbeth.blogspot.com/2024/04/kansas-focus-beam-on-boppin-with-beth.html

James Riley

The "focus beam" artist on this week's Boppin' With Beth is American rock band, 38 Special! Hear about their career, lineup changes and a couple of rockin' tunes from their catalog. There's tunes from some of their influences including Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Marshall Tucker Band, ZZ Top, The Allman Brothers Band, The Cars, Blackfoot and Molly Hatchet as well as a solo track from band member Don Barnes. Beth's Bop Of The Week is a new tune from our Texas pal, Jesse Dayton! I've got a track from The Space Cossacks in Hang Ten! Hear episodes HERE:

https://boppinwithbeth.blogspot.com/2024/04/38-special-focus-beam-on-boppin-with.html