Broadcasting live, any recommended packages?

progyesfm

I cant get anything to work!

Looks like I'll have to abandon the idea live shows. I cant get anything to work!

I've tried Virtual DJ and SAM Broadcaster. I can't get any mic input. I've tried everything suggested.

Does anyone else use an EMU sound card with an EMU 1616 sound module and a Mackie desk?

This software

I've uses this a lot in the past and highly recommend it

butt - broadcast using this tool

really simple / quick / easy to use

also good for quickly recording mixes or whatever

Hey mate, I have downloaded this tool in order to make live broadcasts with our shoutcast station, but it takes forever to connect (in fact never!) and there is no user guide or support available on the net.

Could you advise how to make this work for us please? would be a big help!

Thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
which of these downloads would you recommend for a poor, non technical, gaping ass hole such as myself?

I need something VERY, VERY simple to download that will allow me to broadcast live from my laptop (windows).

ta

We would recommend either BUTT or Edcast, both are very user friendly. 8)

We also have guides available for setting these up:

http://forum.internet-radio.com/gui...t-encoder-both-shoutcast-icecast-servers.html

http://forum.internet-radio.com/guides/62-configuring-edcast-shoutcast-servers.html

http://forum.internet-radio.com/guides/1981-configuring-edcast-work-any-program-icecast-servers.html

Ok thanks.

So from the starting point that I am technically inept, I have downloaded BUTT ( no problem there).

I have processed my settings (or at least i think I have)

I have pressed play.

It says "connecting" but never does.

I can only assume this is due to the information I have placed in the settings, so can I run these with you?

MAIN

rocketradioshoutcast.internet-radio.org.uk
and my current password

I haven.t put anything into the stream infos section, as these seems to be by choice.

Stream
44100hz
stereo
mp3

Can you please let me know if any of this information is incorrect and if so, direct me to where i can find the correct info.

Thanks.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Your settings should be:

Server Type: Icecast
Name: Call this what you like.
Address: uk3.internet-radio.com
Port: 10633
Password: Same as your control panel password
Mountpoint: /live

Your stream settings look fine to us! 8)

Your settings should be:

Server Type: Icecast
Name: Call this what you like.
Address: uk3.internet-radio.com
Port: 10633
Password: Same as your control panel password
Mountpoint: /live

Your stream settings look fine to us! 8)

Thanks, now it's saying "invalid password" when i am definately putting in our correct server password.

Any ideas?

At least that's progress! all the other setting are right, thanks to your info.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Strange, are you 100% putting in the correct password? Check that you do not have the caps lock on as well.

Might be worth changing the control panel password and then trying this as it should work.

Strange, are you 100% putting in the correct password? Check that you do not have the caps lock on as well.

Might be worth changing the control panel password and then trying this as it should work.

I have changed the password and is still saying "invalid password"

Please use all of your brain power, as i am losing the will to live.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member

HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE

We are going to test this ourselves for you as this should work.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member

Works for us. We shall email you the password details as we have changed this, you can change it back once you are logged in. :)