Broadcasting live, any recommended packages?

You're welcome.. We are pleased this works for you now. :)

A lot of listeners are complaining that the stream volume is much reduced when we go live, using BUTT.

I assume i can sort this in the BUTT settings? if so can you advise me as to how i can "turn it up"?

ta

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
A lot of listeners are complaining that the stream volume is much reduced when we go live, using BUTT.

I assume i can sort this in the BUTT settings? if so can you advise me as to how i can "turn it up"?

ta

You can increase the volume from within either the program that you are playing the music with or by adjusting your audio device's playback volume. :)

You can increase the volume from within either the program that you are playing the music with or by adjusting your audio device's playback volume. :)

they are already both cranked to the max as it is.

Is there anything else you could suggest that might improve this please?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
they are already both cranked to the max as it is.

Is there anything else you could suggest that might improve this please?

Not really we are afraid without taking a look at your set-up in person. Its strange that you say they are both maxed out yet its still broadcasted quietly? Is your source material at a low volume already itself? Which program are you using for audio playback? Do you use an internal or external soundcard?

Do you have Stereo mix available on your soundcard settings ?

I noticed the same with butt !! thats why I use Edcast Standalone

Just out of interest do the led on butt go anywhere near the yellow section ? Seems a bit of a problem with butt that hopefully they will try to fix on the next update.

Sounds daft aswell but you can monitor or record your stream from within butt - worth doing as in the past people have said my output is low but turns out the said listener had there volume down..........

Do you have Stereo mix available on your soundcard settings ?

I noticed the same with butt !! thats why I use Edcast Standalone

Just out of interest do the led on butt go anywhere near the yellow section ? Seems a bit of a problem with butt that hopefully they will try to fix on the next update.

Sounds daft aswell but you can monitor or record your stream from within butt - worth doing as in the past people have said my output is low but turns out the said listener had there volume down..........

thanks for that mate and your right, the LED just about gets into the first button.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member

Thats strange, we never have had an issue with this, we do not think this is an error with BUTT? We found it quite easy to have the levels at around 0db on the BUTT VU meter without having to really push the levels of the soundcard or our mixing desk?

people have said my output is low but turns out the said listener had there volume down..........

Valid point, as this could also be the problem here!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
thanks for that mate and your right, the LED just about gets into the first button.

So are you saying that BUTT only detects your audio playback level at -24db on its VU meter? This is very low if thats the case. What program are playing your music with out of interest?

So are you saying that BUTT only detects your audio playback level at -24db on its VU meter? This is very low if thats the case. What program are playing your music with out of interest?

I wonder if he is using a Mac ?

I had sound issues with butt on both Macs but none on windows based pcs.

I got decent sound out of Butt on my mac but only using an external usb soundcard ! live 24bit hooked upto an external mixer.
It hardly moved the vu when using macs built in sound driver.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
I wonder if he is using a Mac ?

I had sound issues with butt on both Macs but none on windows based pcs.

I got decent sound out of Butt on my mac but only using an external usb soundcard ! live 24bit hooked upto an external mixer.
It hardly moved the vu when using macs built in sound driver.

Yes possibly, we have never had issues when using BUTT on a MAC but then we use external soundcards as well.