Creating the “Authhash” for Shoutcast v2 servers.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
UPDATED: June 2021

This guide explains how to configure the 'Shoutcast v2' “Authhash” settings for Shoutcast servers v2.6 and above.

'Shoutcast v2' requires you to create an 'Authorization Key' (Authhash) for your stream so that it can be registered for the Shoutcast directories and as a 'Public' stream. If a streams 'Authhash' settings are not completed a server will act as 'Private' until it is registered. If you want your station to be made publicly available in their directories then you will need an authorization key. Please note this is not required for private stations.

requires_registration_shoutcast_directory-png.1038

Please see the following wiki page regarding Shoutcast's “public” listing requirements. Some more detailed information on the 'SHOUTcast Authhash Management' can be found here.

Creating the “Authhash”

In order to create your 'Authorization Key' (Authhash), first click on the 'Admin' link from the navigation menu found on the left of your control panels 'Overview' page.

server_admin_page-png.1040

This will then take you to your servers “SHOUTcast Stream Status” page.

At the top of this page to the right is your servers 'Admin' login.

server_login-png.1041

The username for this is 'Admin' and the password will be the same as your servers control panel administrator password.

server_admin_login-png.1039

Once logged in you next need to use the 'Create Authhash' link.

create_authhash-png.1037

You are then next taken to a page which page allows you to enter or amend the authhash to be used for your Shoutcast v2 server. As you will have not yet created this, you again need to click on the 'Create Authhash' button.

create_authhash-png.1356

Once you have clicked on the 'Create Authhash' button you are then taken to the Shoutcast Radio Manager page to either sign in or create a new account.

shoutcast_login-png.2672

To create a new account (if you don't have one already), navigate down to the the bottom of the page and select 'Shoutcast Server Software' under the list of plans.
choose_plan-png.2669

Next, select 'GET STARTED FREEMIUM' to register your Authhash for free. *Please refer to the notes on the free/premium versions at the bottom of this guide.

freemium-png.2670

You'll then need to enter your name/email address and password to begin setting up your free account.
register-png.2671

As you host your station on our servers here you will need to select the 'YOU HOST YOUR RADIO STATION' option.

choose_host-png.2673

Then you need to select 'GET STARTED' to register for the 'Freemium' plan. *Please refer to the notes on the free/premium versions at the bottom of this guide.

choose_freemium-png.2674

The first step is to add a logo for your station, set your radio stations name and the stream description.

set_up_1-png.2676

Next, select your stations genres and the 'Online Station' option.

select_genres-png.2677

Then finally set your stations location, time-zone and language information. You can also set your own personal websites URL and add any social media pages that you have.
station_info-png.2678

Once this has been registered you are then redirected to your Shoutcast Radio Manager page. From the side menu navigate down to the 'Settings' options.

setings-png.2679

To find your stations authhash key click on the 'Advanced' tab.

advanced_settings-png.2680

Next, copy and paste the Authhash into your Shoutcast servers authhash settings and click to 'Save'.

copy_authhash-png.2681

This will then become a 'Public' server available on the Shoutcast directories as well as within our own directories.

stream_up_and_public-png.1042

*PLEASE NOTE - The 'Freemium' version has imposed limitations, so in order to stream at a bitrate above 128kbps (and in the AAC format) you now unfortunately have to pay shoutcast.com $9.90 per month. Please see their pricing page for more information on this: https://www.shoutcast.com/Pricing

We have a guide for configuring the Shoutcast Server Software 'Premium' plan here.

Attachments

• create_authhash.png
    create_authhash.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 23,067
  • requires_registration_shoutcast_directory.png
    requires_registration_shoutcast_directory.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 24,086
  • server_admin_login.png
    server_admin_login.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 23,100
  • server_admin_page.png
    server_admin_page.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 22,398
  • server_login.png
    server_login.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 22,303
  • stream_up_and_public.png
    stream_up_and_public.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 22,298
  • create_authhash.png
    create_authhash.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 11,760
  • choose_plan.png
    choose_plan.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 3,006
  • freemium.png
    freemium.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 3,083
  • register.png
    register.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 2,999
  • shoutcast_login.png
    shoutcast_login.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 3,109
  • choose_host.png
    choose_host.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 2,950
  • choose_freemium.png
    choose_freemium.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 2,951
  • set_up_1.png
    set_up_1.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,897
  • select_genres.png
    select_genres.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 2,954
  • station_info.png
    station_info.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,832
  • setings.png
    setings.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 2,801
  • advanced_settings.png
    advanced_settings.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,607
  • copy_authhash.png
    copy_authhash.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 2,782
Last edited:
I use Shoutcast 2.5.1 724 posix/linux x64,when I try to make summary(description) or put tags,and update info,I launch pop-up-THE WEBSITE MUST SPECIFY HTTP OR HTTPS.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi gulbis37,

Ok so when you enter your websites url just make sure you put either http:// or https:// at the start of the url. If this is still giving you error messages then we can only suggest contacting shoutcast.com themselves for some help with this.

Hi gulbis37,

Ok so when you enter your websites url just make sure you put either http:// or https:// at the start of the url. If this is still giving you error messages then we can only suggest contacting shoutcast.com themselves for some help with this.
Thank you,sorted.

houseradio

It doesn't work this way. They have changed the step with Existing Stream URL – Here your enter your servers stream URL. It is missing when creating new station.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi houseradio,

Yes we are aware that shoutcast.com have recently changed the way in which this all works with their authhash settings and it now requires your server account to be running their very latest version of Shoutcast v2.6 which we do not run at this time here on our servers (which is v2.5).

Our Shoutcast version gets updated along side Centovacast (the control panel software), so when the next Centovacast update comes out we imagine we'll see a newer Shoutcast version too. We could upgrade just Shoutcast itself to v2.6, but we run the risk of compatibility issues with Centovacast so it's best we leave it to the Centova guys.

Hopefully an update (or Centovacast v4) will be on its way very soon!

Hello! I just did the Autohash procedure but sadly Shoutcast says it is "unable to listen to the stream URL." How do I fix this?
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi maevealleine,

From looking at your screenshot I can see that it's pointing to the incorrect stream URL, this should point towards the URL of http://us3.internet-radio.com:8324/stream

I'm not quite sure how that's happened? You might need to contact shoutcast.com to see why it's linking the URL like that.

Hi maevealleine,

From looking at your screenshot I can see that it's pointing to the incorrect stream URL, this should point towards the URL of http://us3.internet-radio.com:8324/stream

I'm not quite sure how that's happened? You might need to contact shoutcast.com to see why it's linking the URL like that.
I'm not sure either but it's working on the Shoutcast network now. Thank you for taking a shot at it!

Cezar

Hello! I just did the Autohash procedure but sadly Shoutcast says it is "unable to listen to the stream URL." How do I fix thiView attachment 2992
Hello.I have a similar problem with my station - Radio Cezar Poland.The station is on public shoutcast i created ,name and titles are displayed , but is has wrong url - http://51.91.82.7:25165/stream - the radio does not play . A good url is this : http://51.255.235.165:25165/stream - when playing directly via url in the winamp program the station works, but it does not work through the list of stations.Cannot be edited url via radiomanager Shoutcast

Attachments

• 20230311_021626.jpg
    20230311_021626.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 249
  • 20230311_133932.jpg
    20230311_133932.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 20230310_230436.jpg
    20230310_230436.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 258
  • 20230310_233251.jpg
    20230310_233251.jpg