Help with RadioDJ +Altacast - willing to pay

zhenderson

Hi all, I am brand new to this online radio station setup. Someone else who has a station, they're retiring, told me to use RadioDJ, MariaDB, Altacast, Voscast and SHOUTcast. I am unable to get Altacast to work correctly. The Altacast tab is not showing on RadioDJ. Any help would be appreciated. Willing to pay someone to help me figure this out. Thank you!

MedwayRadio

What version of RDJ are you using? Version 2 does not support the Altacast plugin as used on version 1. Encoders such as Altacast, BUTT etc etc are set up as standalone with Ver 2.

If you are going use Radiodj the following resources may help you:

and of course https://www.radiodj.ro/

Last edited:

zhenderson

Thank you for your response.

I am using RDJ v2. I have downloaded altacast standalone 1.1 and followed the steps to install the lame_enc.dll encoder for mp3 and i have the c++runtime as the per instructions

There is is something about a Bass Sound Library. I do not what that is. All the videos I have seen on how to install altacast are a few years old, the most recent I've found is from 2016.

Idk if I've missed a step. I'll be sure to check out the links you've shared

MedwayRadio

So you won't see the Altacast tab you mentioned earlier.

Try

Its from another hosting company but the principle is the same.

Just installed on one of our machines, didn't need to do anything with BASS Sound Library. Altacast doesn't seem to like the 64 bit version of Lame and crashes if you attempt to remove all the encoders, needs one at least. Don't forget to config the encoder as shown in video with your (hopefully internet-radio.com) config details.

You can use other encoders (they all pretty much do the same thing) if you can't get it to work for some reason with your set up. Prefer BUTT (Broadcast Using This Tool) here