I keep trying to get DJs and no bites so WHY

Kevin Robb

Anyone noticed the lack of DJs actually looking for slots. Al I see is stations looking for DJs and not getting any. Seems they all the wannabees want to start at the top thinking Online radio will give them fame. It ain't. Want to be an FM announcer start right at the bottom and in 10 years time you may just make it, and the money is shit for most of those ten years. Now if you just want to do it for fun and not fame then answer one of the ads, including mine. Oh you will not be discovered by some AM/FM station because They want college graduates Who have completed broadcasting school. I offer some fun, a good group of people and am will to put my 50 years experience into helping you.

Stevy6

I had quite a few get in touch when i was recruiting for a station on here. Out of 10 you chat to maybe only 2 or 3 ever commit and then they don't always have the commitment for a regular slot or the right equipment to stream with metadata. or want to do 1 hour recording ans expect you to do the work for them.
This Forum does works well though, it's more a case of do they want to commit to your station or stream on 5 others at the same time. and what restrictions ( if any) you have in place, also a lot of station lie about their listener numbers, or offer a really low stupid cash incentive.

i think the key is honesty, no crazy restrictions, a listener base with interaction and also a supportive station who advertise your shows.
But @Andy Moore is right, respond to enquiries, you got to be open for all sorts of presenters and show types,even move a presenter to a new sot to allow for a new guy/girl to fit into your schedule. Let's face it you're asking someone to give their time for free for your station and what in return?

Good luck in your search.

Misel

Anyone noticed the lack of DJs actually looking for slots. Al I see is stations looking for DJs and not getting any. Seems they all the wannabees want to start at the top thinking Online radio will give them fame. It ain't. Want to be an FM announcer start right at the bottom and in 10 years time you may just make it, and the money is shit for most of those ten years. Now if you just want to do it for fun and not fame then answer one of the ads, including mine. Oh you will not be discovered by some AM/FM station because They want college graduates Who have completed broadcasting school. I offer some fun, a good group of people and am will to put my 50 years experience into helping you.
I am new to DJ’ing but if you are looking to give someone and opportunity i am up for it and being committed, and doing the work it requires.

Really I'm DJ

DJRobo

My goodness man ... like you, I have been in radio for 50+ years. It's a stressful business for sure, but not worth the stress of letting it take you out. Take a break and put it behind you.

KTC

Take from this what you will, but as some genuine feedback from a DJ that is looking and hasn't found somewhere yet, the main reasons I don't reply to or take interest in most posts are:

1) No indicator the station has an audience of any kind. When the stream has 0 listeners when you look, or claim it's centred around a Discord server nobody is active in or that has 6 members, it's off-putting. Volunteer DJs want at least a small audience to present live, otherwise it's no different to just playing music to yourself offline.

2) Websites that look like they were made in the 1990s. It's the first impression.

3) Not being a good fit style-wise. I think some people don't care about this, but I'm not going to apply to a 70s music or an EDM station when I would never play those genres.

I'm sure other people have their reasons.

Serpente

[QUOTE = "Kevin Robb, hozzászólás: 72992, tag: 75995"]
Bárki észrevette, hogy nincsenek DJ-k, akik valóban keresnek résidőket. Al látom, hogy az állomások DJ-ket keresnek, és nem kapnak. Úgy tűnik, hogy az összes wannabees a csúcsról szeretne kezdeni, és azt gondolja, hogy az online rádió hírnevet fog adni nekik. Nem az. Ha szeretnél FM bemondó lenni, kezdje meg az alulról, és 10 év múlva csak megszerezheti, és a tíz év legnagyobb részében a pénz szar. Most, ha csak szórakozásból akarod csinálni, és nem a hírnévért, akkor válaszolj az egyik hirdetésre, beleértve az enyém is. Ó, néhány AM / FM állomás nem fog felfedezni, mert olyan főiskolai végzetteket akarnak, akik befejezték a műsorszórási iskolát. Kínálok néhány szórakoztató, jó embercsoportot, és arra törekszem, hogy 50 éves tapasztalataimat segítsem.
[/IDÉZET]
Helló, a nevem DJ, aki Serpente zenét játszik, főleg a '70, '80, '90 sikerekben. Közönség Számomra a jó hangulat fontos. A 80-as évek eleje óta, amikor elkezdtem karrierem. Mennyi időre van szüksége a műsorhoz? És mi az időszak? https: \ / \ / control.internet-radio.com:2199\/start\/serpente

DJ Bunny

[QUOTE = "Kevin Robb, hozzászólás: 72992, tag: 75995"]
Bárki észrevette, hogy nincsenek DJ-k, akik valóban keresnek résidőket. Al látom, hogy az állomások DJ-ket keresnek, és nem kapnak. Úgy tűnik, hogy az összes wannabees a csúcsról szeretne kezdeni, és azt gondolja, hogy az online rádió hírnevet fog adni nekik. Nem az. Ha szeretnél FM bemondó lenni, kezdje meg az alulról, és 10 év múlva csak megszerezheti, és a tíz év legnagyobb részében a pénz szar. Most, ha csak szórakozásból akarod csinálni, és nem a hírnévért, akkor válaszolj az egyik hirdetésre, beleértve az enyém is. Ó, néhány AM / FM állomás nem fog felfedezni, mert olyan főiskolai végzetteket akarnak, akik befejezték a műsorszórási iskolát. Kínálok néhány szórakoztató, jó embercsoportot, és arra törekszem, hogy 50 éves tapasztalataimat segítsem.
[/IDÉZET]
Helló, a nevem DJ, aki Serpente zenét játszik, főleg a '70, '80, '90 sikerekben. Közönség Számomra a jó hangulat fontos. A 80-as évek eleje óta, amikor elkezdtem karrierem. Mennyi időre van szüksége a műsorhoz? És mi az időszak? https: \ / \ / control.internet-radio.com:2199\/start\/serpente
hello, my name is DJ Bunny and i am the general manager for radio for fun. we would like for our djs to do a two to three hour show. what time slot would be good for you . if you can msg me and we can set up an interview and go from there

DJ Bunny

Hello, i am DJ Bunny and I am the general manager for Radio For Fun. If you would like to dj for us please let me know. Just to inform you, our djs don't get paid. it is a voluntary position and only those who enjoy music, having fun, and chatting with people and are serious about wanting to do this please get in touch with me and i will respond as quickly as possible

Demo

85 stations took my weekly show
That may be so but they were pre recorded shows I take it ?
A lot of stations here want Live Presenters so the listeners can interact with.
I do agree on the other issues you mentioned like website buttons / Low Quality etc.

Demo

Pre recorded shows are a total waste of time for station interaction. I think we all have AutoDJ for that.
What can a pre recorded show talk about ?? Up Next Is (Whatever because I have it in my library) or just blunder on about things which no one really cares about. The communication with the audience is not there so a loss of listeners is inevitable and I don't care how many station have that pre recorded show.
Go LIVE or Go Home @Harty :)

Last edited:

IanD

I found my experience to be almost the opposite. I applied to several stations who were looking for presenters and in each case applied in the manner they requested. I only received a response from ONE station. Thankfully, they turned out to be a great station and I've been with them for almost 10 months. I see many of the same stations are still looking for presenters. No wonder if they don't respond to applicants - even if they're terrible.