Latency using Sam Broadcaster

Hi, I use Sam Broadcaster Pro and can automate shows with no problem, However I would like to also do live shows. Does anyone know how to resolve a latency issue I am experiencing with the talk option in SAM Broadcaster. While listening to my input feed (before it is streamed) I hear my vocal about half a second after I have spoken. It is impossible to do a live show this way.
My setup has Sam Broadcaster installed on a Win 10 PC, I am connected to the internet streaming directly to the encoders.
I have a microphone connected to the microphone in on the PC which seems to work as I am Able to hear myself over Sam B, like I said earlier the problem is I hear myself .5 of a second after the each word I speak.

If anyone can help me resolve this, please share.

Thank You.
CB

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Cary Brown,

That kind of latency would usually be caused by your sound card. I have no idea if you are using the onboard sound card that came with your PC or an external one but such a problem can be resolved by reducing the sound cards buffer size.

I don't have a copy of Sam Broadcaster at hand to check and it's been a while since I last used it, but there should also be some latency settings / mic settings where you can adjust this to resolve the issue.

Yes you are correct I am currently using the on board sound card that comes with the PC, My thought was I need an external audio controller that has more control, Hoping this will allow adjust the buffering, latency etc. I have seen what I want but cannot purchase due to the current stay at home policy.

If I need to move away from SAM Broadcaster any recommendations on broadcasting software?

Thank You.

DJBillH

Hi
The problem may be in your SAM configuration settings. I'm using SAM PRO v4.9.8 on a WIN 7 machine, Using a USB mic with head set connected directly to the sound out jacks. Using the computer on-board Sound. My set up may not be viable for win 10 . I/ve attached a shot of my voice FX settings wihch may help you. Good luck

Attachments

• voice settings.PNG
    voice settings.PNG
    33.6 KB · Views: 981

earlbj

You never mentioned what processing you are using. This could also be an issue, for example Breakaway creates a 1 second delay